Wow

stackny
stackny
03/19/2006 5:50 am
Alright this is getting ridiculous. My entire spring break I stayed out/up until 3-4 AM and slept the days away. I was supposed to read a 200 page novel, which I never even purchased, Ive got a nasty midterm in my fish management class on the day I go back, Ive got labs to do, and Ive missed a few classes I shouldnt have which doesent help. Ive got a Bio Ecology Project to start, and its 12:53 AM on Sunday and Im writing this thread.

Has/does anyone have/had my nast procrastination problem and how the f do I motivate myself to stop? I keep saying "Im not gonna do this to myself again" but I always do. What do I need? A schedule? IDK!!! Ive tried to set times but that never works. I keep putting it off. Maybe I just need a good kick in the ass. Idk, but I need to stop.

Im actually just blowing off steam because my roomate whos vehicle has been messing up on him all week, needs a ride up to college tomorrow in the morning. First of all, Ive got stuff to do, so Id have to kill myself just to bring him back up. His parents arent doing anything in the morning so why the f cant they bring him? Its not even right for them to put me in this position. Not only that, I picked the kid up at 2:00 AM the other night cuz his parents were missing in action. WHEN WILL THE FRIGGIN MADNESS END?!!!???!

Alright, Im sorry for inflicting that on you, but I think I already feel better just typing it. Made me realize A) I have no self discipline B) My friends parents are douche bags that have no consideration for others and C) This is a pointless thread that you guys probably wont be able to help me on.

Well, that was fun. Anyone else have any steem in need of being blown off? Im happy to throw in my 2 cents.

With Love,
Stack
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/19/2006 5:53 am
Fish Management???
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
stackny
stackny
03/19/2006 5:59 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonFish Management???

Actually, full name, Fisheries Management. Yeah, its a class that Im taking. Pretty cool stuff actually. How to age fish by scales, growing trophy fish, invasive species, aquatic ecosystems and such. If youre a fish nut like I am, its 3 hours a week well spent.
# 3
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/19/2006 8:27 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOne
With your friend's parents, maybe it's time to just lay it out black and white and just tell em what's up... you can also tell them what you're gonig through right now in terms of stress and that you just plain can't deal with more stress; they should understand if they're friends.

I agree. Your assignment is more important than saving his parents the inconvenience of dropping their son off in the morning. Do as PonyOne suggests, and if they don't like it, there's nothing much you can do about it.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 4
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
03/19/2006 8:55 am
dude!! im having the same problem man...i never used to be like this in my previous program... i was always charged upgetting stuff done...now its a whole different thing...i have heaps to do and i havent touched anything...im so freakin dead... i need to get the groove back on...but i just cant seem to do it man...this month and the next is gonna behell...im dead broke... i smoke and i drink alot...i get agitated when i dont drink for a day or 2..its not healthy and its bound to kill me...im dead... i need help man... classes havent been great cosi have screwed up unfriendly classmates... and im more or less lost in class...the same thing is happening to me like what did a coupleof years back when i was in college... i never gave a rats arse about any assignments and everything...man life now is really crap... i need to get a job but id have to go thru some serious paperwork in the first place before being able to work...and that will take time and alot of effort... the immigration office is far away... time is what i dont really have...geez...i just cant afford to screw up again...
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/19/2006 2:42 pm
Just take pride in being lazy and putting things off until the last minute.
Always leave until tomorrow what you could do today.
:cool:
# 6
stackny
stackny
03/19/2006 6:58 pm
Thanks for the responses guys. I definitely am gonna try some new things to hopefully reduce my stress level and just get crap done and do a better job on it.

Last semester I got like a 2.83 GPA. Not because Im not capable of better, but because Im a lazy arse who do a have arsed job on everything. So, I think Im ready to change and grow up a little bit.

Oh yeah, and regarding my friends parents. My friends dad is a drunk and a MAJOR jerk off and his mom....I dont even know what to say about her. Everyone on this board is smarter than both of them and logic and reason dont really work in their heads. So confronting them may not be the solution. Believe it or not, his dad is such a moron, Id be willing to bet he'll confront me sometime on this situation. And that will be my chance to tell him the f off.
# 7
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/19/2006 11:55 pm
Yes, I am a major procrastinator. Since grade 9 (which coincidentaly happens to be about when I began playing guitar) my average has dropped from 84-86 to about 70 (I'm not counting gym or easy open classes)

Yes I am supposed to be doing an assignment right now, instead of responding to this thread about procrastinating.MMM...that's good irony.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.