he he he!

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 1:55 am
alright, so, some of you arleady know about me going to see a toyota celica. but then not getting it because I couldn't find a way to get $2900 cash on a sunday. the story I didn't tell is, last week I went to look at a 1985 toyota MR2, which was a nice car! but 20 years old.. so I was kinda iffy about it.. I could smell the burning oil. which isn't a good sign.. this car was from a dealership, so the price was a bit inflated.. I checked the blue book on the car, and it was worth $1660, and the guy was asking for $3500!! if he was selling it for $2000 or below, I might have gotten it, then I would have enough money left over to place a new engine in. but $3500 was insane!

well, I found another car to go look at, and hopefully I'll actually be able to get this one. I'm probably going to be going on friday morning. this car is also selling for $3500, but the blue book is higher. the car is worth over $4000.. and the car is a... 1999 mitsubishi eclipse. very nice cars.. I know that you ponyone had a bad experience with a galant (it was a galant right?) that used the same engine as the eclipse. but I love this car, and an eclipse was always my first choice for a car, this is just the first reasonably priced one that I've found. anyways, just thought I'd inform, and hopefully start up another conversation about cars (which I love!)

If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 2:03 am
God dammit! the guy just e-mailed me back 30 seconds ago and told me that he sold the car today...

I'll never find a car! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH
my spyspace
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 2:05 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsGod dammit! the guy just e-mailed me back 30 seconds ago and told me that he sold the car today...

I'll never find a car! ARRRRGGGGHHHHH

I'll sell you mine.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
01/10/2006 2:08 am
Well my car is "endangering" my life right now. Everytime I press the brakes it shakes. My guy friend was like it's fine until you're brakes just stop working one day. So I'm hoping it holds up until I can fix it this weekend.

# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 2:24 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell my car is "endangering" my life right now. Everytime I press the brakes it shakes. My guy friend was like it's fine until you're brakes just stop working one day. So I'm hoping it holds up until I can fix it this weekend.

If I can make it nearly 2 years without an oil change, I'm sure you can make it to the weekend. And I'm not joking. I got an oil change over the weekend and on the way there I'd noticed the date for the next oil change. It read 3-2-04 or 87k miles. Now it's just under 2 months away and I'm at over 111k miles. It's kinda ironic how my car stopped shaking after the oil change. Yes, I'm aware of how stupidly lucky I am. Big time irresponsible.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/10/2006 3:03 am
Yeah I know your going to have to replace the rotor in whatever wheel is grinding along with the brake pads. I went so far I cracked my calipers. It sucked because brake pads cost 30$ and I ended up paying over $200 in the end. He's right about your brakes just giving up on you. Be careful it doesn't happen at an inopportune moment.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/10/2006 3:22 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell my car is "endangering" my life right now. Everytime I press the brakes it shakes. My guy friend was like it's fine until you're brakes just stop working one day. So I'm hoping it holds up until I can fix it this weekend.

It's really not that big of a deal. You have warped brake rotors. I used to be a mechanic for about 4 years, and I specialized in brakes and exhaust. It's just annoying as crap, your brakes won't fail from that. You're going to probably need new rotors and pads, but that shouldn't be to hard if you have a friend or know someone that can handle it. If they don't know how, don't attempt it, because you could endanger your life that way.

Good luck, and Cryptic, change that oil, dang man, I'm suprised it's still running.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 7
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/10/2006 3:32 am
My brakres failed but like I said I cracked a caliper and the brake fluid drained out.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 3:33 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Good luck, and Cryptic, change that oil, dang man, I'm suprised it's still running.

So am I, truth be known.

Hulk Smash!!

# 9
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/10/2006 4:23 am
Man I don't feel so bad now, I'm about 11K overdue for an oil change. I'm running synthetic though, that's supposed to help. :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 3:28 pm
Originally Posted by: bigbudaMan I don't feel so bad now, I'm about 11K overdue for an oil change. I'm running synthetic though, that's supposed to help. :D

dude... I would have thought that you, being a nascar fan, would be more willing to take care of your own car.

and cryptic, what kind of car is it, and is it within my budget of below $4500?

I e-mailed another guy last night about an integra, so, we'll see how that goes.. hopefully I'll actually be able to get this one!!! plus it's only $2200, and it blue books at $2575 for fair condition (above $3000 for excellent condition) so it sounds like a good deal to me!
my spyspace
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 4:25 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsdude... I would have thought that you, being a nascar fan, would be more willing to take care of your own car.

and cryptic, what kind of car is it, and is it within my budget of below $4500?

I e-mailed another guy last night about an integra, so, we'll see how that goes.. hopefully I'll actually be able to get this one!!! plus it's only $2200, and it blue books at $2575 for fair condition (above $3000 for excellent condition) so it sounds like a good deal to me!

That was a joke. I'd be ripping you off to charge you 1k for it. Your best bet is to take advantage of your current budget and get something that'll last you. Mine's dying.

Hulk Smash!!

# 12
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 7:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsThat was a joke. I'd be ripping you off to charge you 1k for it. Your best bet is to take advantage of your current budget and get something that'll last you. Mine's dying.

I wonder why it's dying? :rolleyes:
my spyspace
# 13
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/10/2006 7:50 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsdude... I would have thought that you, being a nascar fan, would be more willing to take care of your own car.

My Truck still runs very well, and it's only got 110K on it. So it's just gettin broke in. Thanks for your concern though.... :rolleyes:
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 14
markc2005
markc2005
01/10/2006 9:28 pm
i got a mg midget :D the brakes are broken though :( right after the clutch broke :mad:
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/11/2006 1:52 am
I'd be kinda iffy about buying a car from oakland... I don't like that city, it kinda scares me.. it's like one big ghetto... and then you got your mentally disabled people all living under the bridge.. it's just a city I like to avoid.

here is two cars that I have sent e-mails to that I am still waiting for replys to, but one I e-mailed last night at like midnight, and the other was today on my lunch break at around 11:30am, so they haven't responded yet. hopefully they will by the end of the night.

1994 toyota celica

1992 toyota celica

about the cars you posted,

1990 accord - the posting was deleted
198? mr2 - it's in oakland, other then that it sounds good, but I'm kinda iffy about buying a car that old. I would probably eventually be able to put in a new engine.. which if the car is only $1900, is do-able. especially since there is a real cool mechanic that my parents have been going to for a while. he's honest and gives a good price. and he works on honda, acura, toyota, and lexus.. so, since this is a toyota, he could do the swap for me. it's a nice car, I'll consider it (even though it's in oakland.. lol)
1992 240sx - "clutch bearing makes noise" is that an expensive fix? also, I wouldn't be able to have my mechanic look it over (he said if I was buying a used car, he'd look it over for me for free) because it's a nissan
1987 mr2 - vallejo is pretty far away from me... other then that, it sounds sweet.. and again, I would have enough money left over for an engine swap if it needed one
1989 mr2 - "great project car" I don't particularly want a project car (especially if it's $3000) though that supercharger sounds sweet
1987 supra - 200hp and a RWD? sign me up! seriously, that sounds sweet! I'm a little iffy about 169,000 miles, but who cares? it's a toyota! plus, I can have my mechanic look it over.

so there you go.. I'm really picky I guess, sorry.. I really do appreciate you looking these up for me.. and if you wanna look some more up for me.. :rolleyes: I serioulsy am spending 2-3 hours a day looking for cars on the internet right now..

I'm thinking, with what I can afford, I'd probably end up getting one of these
92-95 civic
90-93 integra
90-93 celica
but I'd love to have any of these if they came with an appropriate price tag
94+ integra
96+ civic
95+ eclipse
94+ celica
90+ MR2 (or an 85-90 if it were in good running conditon, i.e. it wasn't burning oil!)
94+ accord coupe
dunno what years, but a 300zx or 240sx
or just about any sportier japanese car.. $3500 is my budget, but I can stretch to $4500 if it was an awesome deal..
my spyspace
# 16

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.