Bitch and moan

Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
01/09/2006 3:58 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrssafeway, which is a grocery store

As opposed to SAFEWAYS which is a condom shop.
# 1
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/09/2006 4:19 pm
My office got moved while I was away over the Holidays. It's no worse of an office, except when I looked out of my old one all I saw was the hallway, and now I see some dude sitting at his computer. I'm still adjusting.

I got a sore throat on the morning of New Year's Eve and it ruined my plans of hanging out with my friends whom I haven't seen in like 2 years and partying it up where I went to College.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/09/2006 6:40 pm
I was going to complain about hl2 modding troubles, but now I'm euphoric.

I managed to get Valve's SDK to compile and run perfectly using only the free c++ express IDE, which they said was impossible.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/09/2006 7:39 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOne there's no Safeway down in LA (it's called Von's down here, but it's the same company, and safeway discount cards work there and vice versa) but i heard it in central CA, and Washington and Oregon... always made me smile.

yeah, when I was down in LA a few weeks ago, I heard a commercial on the radio, and it said "vons, ingrediants for life".. it sounded so wierd to me because I'm used to "safeway, ingrediants for life"

but yeah, I knew they were the same company, I had to read like a history on safeway thing when I was doing the training in the beginning. :rolleyes:
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/09/2006 11:31 pm
Wow, that's one helluva hotel.

How many bodies have you found?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/09/2006 11:40 pm
Have any employees tried to sue the hotel for emotional damages?

Finding a body isn't traumatic, but I bet it's pretty easy to pretend it is if it makes you rich.
-A.H.
# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/10/2006 12:23 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneand what makes me always chuckle about this is that the local Hispanic population has a habit of adding a possesive "s" at the end of the name of stores, i guess it's a leftover from where everything was named "Bob's Hardware" and "Johnnie's Diner" and crap like that. When people came up, they were learning to speak English, and got used to putting the 's at the end, and it's just been passed on and is now just kind of commonplace.

so you hear people say "i got it at Sav-On's," "there's a Chevron's right up the corner," "there's a sale at Target's" or "last night i went to Best Buy's." there's no Safeway down in LA (it's called Von's down here, but it's the same company, and safeway discount cards work there and vice versa) but i heard it in central CA, and Washington and Oregon... always made me smile.

"me and Chuy went up to Safeway's last night..."
"... oh did you now?"
"yeah man. you know. they've got some good stuff there."
"heheh."

Racial Stereotype!!! :eek: Damn you Ponyone!! :p
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
kill em all
kill em all
01/10/2006 1:06 am
I was just bitching in general, about nothing in particular, my life rules. But I thought I'd try emo for a day and I didn't like it. I wanted to right some emo lyrics, they came out like; "Bitch moan AHHHH!!!!! EVERYBODY SUCKS!!!"
No more emo
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/10/2006 1:14 am
It seems as though I've finally got a reason to bitch to any degree. Not that I'm really bitching. It's more so a weakened mourn. I'm sick. Not too bad, just a nasty throat situation. It's lame though.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 2:00 am
dude.. that's kinda freaky... headquarters for a cult... and lots of suicides and deaths.. dude.. sounds like a place that would be haunted.

$450/night huh? so if I came down to visit, could you get me a room for free for a night or two?
my spyspace
# 10
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/10/2006 4:04 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsdude.. that's kinda freaky... headquarters for a cult... and lots of suicides and deaths.. dude.. sounds like a place that would be haunted.

$450/night huh? so if I came down to visit, could you get me a room for free for a night or two?

Don't jump off any balconies while your there............. ;)
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 5:53 am
Originally Posted by: bigbudaDon't jump off any balconies while your there............. ;)

I think it's the spirits of the dead that are killing the people, and staging it to look like suicide
my spyspace
# 12
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
01/10/2006 7:39 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI think it's the spirits of the dead that are killing the people, and staging it to look like suicide

Maybe you should stay at a different hotel while your there..... :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/10/2006 7:52 am
Originally Posted by: bigbudaMaybe you should stay at a different hotel while your there..... :D

are you kidding? I'm one of those thrill-seeker type of people! I think it'd give me a rush, to spend a night in the haunted hotel! :eek:
my spyspace
# 14
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
01/12/2006 1:21 am
Well thats pretty dam freaky! its a hotel practicaly made for comitting suicides...couldn't it be sued by like...i dunom or shut down because its mainly used to commit suicide or something?
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/12/2006 4:14 am
Originally Posted by: FenderallthewayWell thats pretty dam freaky! its a hotel practicaly made for comitting suicides...couldn't it be sued by like...i dunom or shut down because its mainly used to commit suicide or something?

only 4 since he's started working there.. which is probably a few years if he's in management.. so if you get over a hundred people per night.. and then 4 suicides over the course of a few years.. I'm thinking that that is not the hotel being used "mainly" for suicides.
my spyspace
# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/12/2006 4:57 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOne....only about 9 mos. I actually got promoted to concierge today, coincidentally.... that's an extra grand or two a month :D yay!

over the years we've had a lot of them, last year was actually pretty quiet.

I don't even make a grand a month! how about letting your fellow guitar playin buddy share in the wealth? :cool:

I didn't get promoted today, instead, we had our district manager come by to check up on everything... so my managers were being doubly strict today... which completely sucked.. luckily I only had a 5 hour shift today. now they want me to thank each customer by last name everytime they are done.. for example "have a good day Mr. fuzzymoustache" and I'm supposed to figure out their names by having the checker kinda show me the receipt so I can read it off.. which is really hard to do, and even harder to pronounce.. then the customer ends up getting mad at you for pronouncing it wrong.. and they would have been happier anyway if you had just said "have a great day".. grr, my job wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep making up more rules off the top of their heads..
my spyspace
# 17
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/12/2006 5:56 am
But aren't you glad you've got a job. Make the best of it, and get used to working with ass holes. You'll be doing it for the rest of your life. So, learn how to deal with it now, and you'll be a lot better off. But like I said, be thankfull that you've got a job. ;)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 18
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/12/2006 8:58 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneif you really want to you can come down here and have my front desk job :D

only if I get your jetta and hot asian gf too.. ;)

and I've been thinking about possible careers alot... I mean.. ALOT.. and I've just about come to the conclusion that I can either do something I enjoy, and struggle with money for the rest of my life.. or do something I hate, and be filthy stinkin rich... lol. actually, that's not entirely true, I don't think I'd really mind being some kind of doctor.. I would just mind all the chemistry and biology classes I would need to get there. and doctors get paid pretty well. lol. of course, I don't want to be in college for the next 10 years, so it would have to be something that would only take a bachelors, or possibly a masters. like a foot doctor, or chiropractor or somthing..

and yes, I am thankful to just have a job right now. in fact, I can sometimes enjoy the job. actually, I was just talking to one guy I work with today, and after talking for a while, found out he also plays guitar (and drums), and since we both have the day off tomorrow, we are gonna go jam.. actually, I've made friends with just about everyone there (I'm a friendly guy, what can I say?) it's really only just one manager that I don't like.. when he's not there, the job is fine. when he is there, I start stressing out and stuff, just because he already threatened to fire me once.. I had walked past like 2 customers without greeting them.. so he said something like "I just watched you walk past several customers without greeting them. do this again and you lose your job! ok? this isn't the first time I've had to tell you." when in actuality, it was the first time he had told me.. it seems like nobody tried to explain any rules to me when I got there, I was somehow magically supposed to know them without being taught.. anyways, yeah, it's just this one manager who seems to have something against me.. everyone else I've talked to thinks he is nice. it's not like I'm a slacker or anything either. I try to do my job to the best of my ability.. oh well, guess that's just how it goes. I suppose I can't get along with everybody (try as I might). thanks for your encouraging words though.
my spyspace
# 19
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/12/2006 11:14 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraWow, that sounds like some sort of prison. I'd hate to have some dip**** telling me off for not greeting every customer I see.

you gotta feel a little sorry for him though.. he's only about 5'1"-ish, asian, and probably that guy in high school that played dungeons and dragons in his free time, got a job in high school, took it extremely seriously, and eventually got promoted to manager at a grocery store, where he will probably work for the rest of his life. he's probably never had a girl in his life..

if that were me, I'd be in a constant bad mood too..
my spyspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.