Would you take your chance, or worry about repercussions?

Joseph
Joseph
06/02/2001 11:47 pm
You know we would all just like to pick up and leave, just take out on the road and ravel with no worries or no rregrewts, but thats really impossible.

Our lives are never simple, the people we meet never really turn out to be who we want them to be, but our strong passion for music can stay with us forever, if we keep trying to find ways to maintain our enthusiasm and overall creativity. In most relationships, we can't always count on the other person, because people change, and we sometimes grow apart without even knowing it. Its part of life, and part of what makes us stronger,. But throughout failed relationships etc, we all have our dreams, and when it comnes to music a lot of us just wan't to find the right people to collaborate with and help our creativity grow. Its an amazing feeling once you're up on stage, not only sharing your music with your counterparts, but with hundreds of people in the audience as well. Its great when you can make that connection, that feeling is priceless I'm sure. but still its hard to find the right people to work with. But if you were given the opportunity to just take off, (right out of the blue) with the right people and travel all over the world and express your music, would you take with no questions asked? Would you be willing to jeopardize your relationships and your job just for that one shot at superstardom? Or would you have to be in the right place at the right time?

To be honest, I would just take it, and go with my gut instinct, and I wouldn't have any regrets. Hopoefully my closet friends would underastand my decision, and if not, well they would just have to get over it...

Thanks
-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Willdridge
Willdridge
08/03/2001 8:18 am
I'm pretty sure I'd do the same - just pack up my guitar and gear and hit the road. I doubt have no worries about work or things like that.
I might struggle with leaving my girlfriend and the places I love to just spend time, but other than that I have no real ties to where I am.
Admittedly, you're never quite sure how you'll react to a situation until you're there. I might actually suddenly realise that I just couldn't leave here. All things considered though, I'd more than likely take that chance. Friends and family would understand and, so long as I could still find some where special to me, (corner of a bus, etc.) then yea, why the hell not?!!!!
Anyone else? Anyone who wouldn't?
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
08/03/2001 3:32 pm
I live in hope that i will get the oppurtunity to leave everyone. My family and most people around me have a view of me that I continue to let them have, however unrealistic, because I feel unable to voice my ambition. I am at University studying humanities, and my parents are sure that I will go into some academic profession, though they think I have no idea what I want. Every time I mention some sort of job my father becomes interested, he never puts pressure on me, but i know he is dying for me to find a vocation. They know I love the guitar, but they don't know how much.... Much as I enjoy art, literature, philosophy, it doesn't come close to satisfying me, and I would love to be able to leave and ignore any unconscious pressure to live up to expectations. I like my friends, but I am a fairly solitary person by nature, I wouldn't mind leaving it all behind.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/03/2001 9:57 pm
Well, I myself am about to move 2,000 miles to the south east and give Austin, TX a try. The only things that would stop me are 1). My band gets signed, or more work over the winter 2). I never save enough money to get there. I know music has to be a part of my life and I know I'm happiest playing my music on stage (even if only six people show up). But aside from friends and family, I don't really have anything keeping me here. My job sucks and the pay is bad, I live in my mom's garage... I need a change of some kind.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
Joseph
Joseph
08/04/2001 3:15 am
Raskolnikov: Personally, I'de love a change myself, but I would want to make sure that I'm doing it for all of the rignt reasons. I would hate to get half way across the country only to realize that I'm just trying to run away from my problems. Personally, If I found the right people to worlk with, travel with, and make music, I would just take my opportunities as they come. A lot of us "musiucians" dream about the day that we're on the road, traveling and seeing the world. A lot of us get wrapped up in the whole idea that we forget why we're there in first place. We forget where that driving force comes from.

I would just love to try it, and just see if I could make it work with the right effort. It can be really frustrating when you have to depend on others to hold their own weight, I mean it's enough when we have to keep our own hopes high. Its best if you can find a nuch of friends to travel with, because once the whole experience becomes too professional, thats when it all starts to go down hill. But all in all, good luck if you get your break.

-Joseph

www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 5
Purikah
Purikah
08/11/2001 8:58 pm
Depends what I have tying me down. At the moment there is nothing tying me down except my insufficient funds, my profund lack of cash and the fact that im skink.Oh well ......
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.