bush has gone too far this time

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 2:00 am
not only has he: used torture against all world laws, used illegal means of spying and kidnapping not only those in the US but in europe too, and completely messed up any kind of victory in iraq.

but now he's interrupting family guy for his plead to get some kind of support back.

what kind of a ****ing idiot interrupts one of the most popular shows on television to deliver his half-assed, moronic, mutilation of the english language he calls a speach because he's trying to rally together support when no one likes him. :mad:
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/19/2005 2:42 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneSeems like he's going down, far as I can see, in the court of public opinion.

Can you imagine what would happen if a democrat had gotten netted for this?

Probably something different. Maybe even more global stability.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/19/2005 2:46 am
Furthermore, here's my suggestion for the next voting.

The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 3:34 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneSeems like he's going down, far as I can see, in the court of public opinion.

Can you imagine what would happen if a democrat had gotten netted for this?

probably the same thing that's happening now. then again, clinton got nailed way worse and all that happened to him was that he got a blowjob. so a democrat would probably get it worse.

the thing that disturbs me is how similar hitler, hussein, and bush are in the way the handle their popularity and media control. bush obviously does it less so because it's a completely different context of doing anything here. but bush very much makes sure that he is subject to less questioning by his political peers because we're at war, the same tactic hitler used and the same tactic hussein used.

if bush looks to push for a third term under the idea that we're at war and so power can't be changed, i'm leaving the country for my own safety.
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/19/2005 3:44 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusif bush looks to push for a third term under the idea that we're at war and so power can't be changed, i'm leaving the country for my own safety.

Presidents can't legally do more than two terms anymore.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/19/2005 4:03 am
He'd be assassinated in two or three months after. He'd be an idiot to even hint at it.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
Danny C.
Danny C.
12/19/2005 4:09 am
Macgyver has my vote. :) (seriously)

I am but an ignorant teen so I am unaware of his messing up any victory in Iraq or much else of what you speak of. However, he has had a tough time in office, and I think that it won't make that big of difference if was a dem or not, but I think people wouldnt be as harsh if he was a democrat but thats my opinion. Ignorance is bliss anyways ;)
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 7
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 4:10 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiPresidents can't legally do more than two terms anymore.

really? i thought they could still invoke the right in the state of an emergency?

eh, how much you wanna bet something big happens that helps push cheney into office in 2008?

just like how saddam was conviniently caught right before the 2004 elections.
# 8
Danny C.
Danny C.
12/19/2005 4:14 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusjust like how saddam was conviniently caught right before the 2004 elections.

I really don't think that was planned.

But anyways I dont see Cheney being President. I can't think of a good candidate for the Republicans for President right now but who knows how it would turn out.

# 9
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:08 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThat's kind of what I was getting at. The ramifications of a president authorizing the marginalization of our rights is a lot more alarming than the ramifications of an extramarital affair, but, $50 says there will be no push for impeachment.

It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.

~General Douglas MacArthur

Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it.

~General Douglas MacArthur

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

~George W. Bush

the sad thing is bush is falling back on the same weak excuse that i knew he would when he finally had to admit he was wrong on iraq.....that he ousted a bad dictator...which is completely inconsequent because there are a ton of bad dictators out there that we haven't ousted. it's hurt our already poor image abroad and more specifically in the middle east and has hurt our positioning in the war on terrorism. it's also been his excuse to further abuse power and take more liberties from us.

but hey, i'm just paranoid of a government getting too big....oh wait....
# 10
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:09 am
Originally Posted by: Danny C.I really don't think that was planned.

But anyways I dont see Cheney being President. I can't think of a good candidate for the Republicans for President right now but who knows how it would turn out.

i'd been hearing reports of his capture in early 2004 and that the government was waiting for the elections to boost bush's ratings. but that could have been simply wishful thinking on some people's parts that happened to come true. but i'd rather be a cynic than gullible.
# 11
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:32 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOne"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State."
-Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propoganda Minister

the fun thing is that they can keep people distracted with other issues like gay rights, the death penalty, merry christmas vs happy holidays, and abortion rights. so, really, they're winning.
# 12
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 6:04 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneStrangely enough, illegal wiretapping and surveillance was a big issue with Watergate, which got Nixon shot down... doubt that'll happen here, nice as it'd be.

there's a key difference there, nixon was wiretapping a political opponent running against him...bush is just wiretapping whoever and no one gives a rat's ass about the average joe unless that joe happens to be themselves. and of course because the assumption is since you're white it won't happen to you, you shouldn't care.

but that same attitude is what allows the government to gain more and more power without people noticing.

and the people who do notice are just liberals and democrats (in this case).
# 13
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 4:27 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraThe thing that gets me is that he's admitting all the stuff he's done wrong, and yet he hasn't been kicked out of office.

that's because people are getting dumber and dumberer and being simply sheep who support whatever no matter what the facts are or what the long term repercussions are. it goes to the point of republicans having an almost religious following....it's really disgusting at times.
# 14
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 4:32 pm
aaaaaaaaand speaking of going too far:

President vows to continue domestic eavesdropping
# 15
Danny C.
Danny C.
12/19/2005 4:41 pm
But on the other side of the coin, what if the suspected terrorists were terrorists? Sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

# 16
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/19/2005 4:46 pm
I agree-- they must be stopped!!!

... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 17
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:49 pm
Originally Posted by: Danny C.But on the other side of the coin, what if the suspected terrorists were terrorists? Sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin
# 18
Danny C.
Danny C.
12/19/2005 7:25 pm
"Good one"
Danny C.

# 19
stackny
stackny
12/19/2005 7:35 pm
Originally Posted by: tehplatypus"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Tell that to those who were murdered on 9/11....wait you cant.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.