View post (bush has gone too far this time)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
12/19/2005 5:08 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneThat's kind of what I was getting at. The ramifications of a president authorizing the marginalization of our rights is a lot more alarming than the ramifications of an extramarital affair, but, $50 says there will be no push for impeachment.

It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear.

~General Douglas MacArthur

Always there has been some terrible evil at home or some monstrous foreign power that was going to gobble us up if we did not blindly rally behind it.

~General Douglas MacArthur

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.

~George W. Bush

the sad thing is bush is falling back on the same weak excuse that i knew he would when he finally had to admit he was wrong on iraq.....that he ousted a bad dictator...which is completely inconsequent because there are a ton of bad dictators out there that we haven't ousted. it's hurt our already poor image abroad and more specifically in the middle east and has hurt our positioning in the war on terrorism. it's also been his excuse to further abuse power and take more liberties from us.

but hey, i'm just paranoid of a government getting too big....oh wait....
okay...my post is done...goodbye.