Anyone good at OOBE?

kill em all
kill em all
12/17/2005 4:46 am
Just wondering if any of you guys have out of body experiences regularly and could give me some tips on how to achieve this phenomenon myself, or at least how to induce lucid dreams. Yeah, I know, totally un-related to guitar. But I figure if I can practice while my body sleeps or at least read up on theory or study for school I could really use this to help with guitar. I would join another forum for this but those sites are full of wierdos.
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/17/2005 5:03 am
Dreams are interesting. I find I can most often control my dreams if I wake up like at 3 a.m. for whatever reason. When I fall back asleep I find I can control my dream better. I don't know if that's what your after but who knows?
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
kill em all
kill em all
12/18/2005 9:11 pm
quite an interesting thread, and it has convinced me that perhaps YOU have had an out of body experience ( closest I came I was conscious during theta- hence the vibratory state you described ) but I'm not sure how to get sleep paralysis myself.

find I can most often control my dreams if I wake up like at 3 a.m. for whatever reason. When I fall back asleep I find I can control my dream better.

Thanks for that, I need to get some kind of alarm to get me up at 3. At [URL=http://www.homestead.com/louisobe/louisobe.html - 27k] He says it is rediculously easy to jump out of body if you are conscious during low bitrate theta ( you would be dreaming ).
# 3
rockonn91
rockonn91
12/18/2005 10:34 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraHere's a thread that revolved around this subject, you might find it an interesting read: CLICK ME!!! \M/ >.< \M/ YOOOARRRGHHH!!

wow, dude. i just read all of that in the complete darkness of my house, and it freaked me right out. gave me the same freaky feeling that i got when reading all of that ghost stuff that was on this site halloween time.

*goes about turning on lights*
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 4
kill em all
kill em all
12/20/2005 2:01 am
I was a lucid dreamer when I was young but god only knows where it went, haven't had a ludid dream in about 4 years.
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/20/2005 3:23 am
Originally Posted by: kill em allJust wondering if any of you guys have out of body experiences regularly and could give me some tips on how to achieve this phenomenon myself, or at least how to induce lucid dreams. Yeah, I know, totally un-related to guitar. But I figure if I can practice while my body sleeps or at least read up on theory or study for school I could really use this to help with guitar. I would join another forum for this but those sites are full of wierdos.

Ok, ready or not, here I come.
On lucid dreaming.
I've only ever been told about lucid dreams, in all of my life I've never had a single lucid dream. I've read into them and read some practice methods to help encourage them, which I did to pique my curiosity, and still nothing. So that leaves me to say my best guess is genetics.

On out of body experiences.
I've read into astral projections at least as much as I have any other hokey, psychic phenomenon and in the end it just seems completely full of it. If you're wanting to achieve an out of body experience then my best suggestion is to start doing more drugs. If you're wanting to read more theory and practice more guitar, I'd suggest drop the drug idea and just practice guitar and do more reading when you're lucid.

On the last sentence.
There's a reason why they're all weirdos.

I've seen people try and put all sorts of psychic things like telekinesis, telepathy, and astral projections as well into action and it's ridiculous. All the telekinetics I've seen used their hands to bend the spoons they were using, the telepathy was all based on probibility rather than possibility, and the astral projections were just people laying around. There's a reason why science has never had a chance to study this "phenomenon" and proclaim it to be possible or not. Namely because it's not there to study.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
kill em all
kill em all
12/20/2005 8:40 pm
I've read into astral projections at least as much as I have any other hokey, psychic phenomenon and in the end it just seems completely full of it.

I share your thoughts more than you know, but after doing the relaxation technique and getting a startling all-over-body vibration and a loud ringing noise which scared the @$%& out of me, I believe. At least to a moderate degree. None of this seems to conflict with my timespace beliefs
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/20/2005 10:43 pm
Originally Posted by: kill em allI share your thoughts more than you know, but after doing the relaxation technique and getting a startling all-over-body vibration and a loud ringing noise which scared the @$%& out of me, I believe. At least to a moderate degree. None of this seems to conflict with my timespace beliefs

And what are your time/space beliefs? If you don't mind my asking that is.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
12/20/2005 10:53 pm
I hardly ever even remember dreams, much less control them....

I do have the occasional "sleep paralysis" which is basically waking up mentally, but not phisically. When this happens, all senses are working, I can hear, think, smell, etc... but I cannot move at all and I can't wake myself up.....It really freaked me out when it first started. Still does sometimes, but it's been a few months since it's happened.

Anyone else ever had this?
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/20/2005 11:42 pm
Originally Posted by: JFRICKI hardly ever even remember dreams, much less control them....

I do have the occasional "sleep paralysis" which is basically waking up mentally, but not phisically. When this happens, all senses are working, I can hear, think, smell, etc... but I cannot move at all and I can't wake myself up.....It really freaked me out when it first started. Still does sometimes, but it's been a few months since it's happened.

Anyone else ever had this?

In a word... no.

Hulk Smash!!

# 10
kill em all
kill em all
12/22/2005 3:58 am
And what are your time/space beliefs? If you don't mind my asking that is.

I knew someone would ask me that the minute I hit "Submit Reply", and timespace not something I can just explain in a post. However, I will say I was referring to the fact that, based on other's experiences, it seems to be that elapsed time for the individual and elapsed time for Earth are very different after an OBE, this agrees with their traveling through space at high speeds. Also people say that when they "stop having a goal" they will be taken random places, I am willing to accept this as the "uncertainty principle" perhaps. I was merely stating that the stories "check out" with science.

However there is one problem; if a person's consciousness is to move freely throughout space recall then that space is not actually space but that person's "conscious" perception of space. Our consciousness is our own mental model of the world around us. So moving through this world that is in fact a physical space, using a non-physical body, doesn't seem to "check out."
# 11
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/22/2005 5:24 am
One dream worthy of mention was a deja vu so to speak. I had it when I was 14 or so...I was at an keg party in someone's yard. Only we realised we didn't have a tap. So we just proceded to push down on the valve and capture the beer that "ruptured" out. I didn't drink at 14, so I thought this dream weird enough at the time to keep it in the back of my mind...so that when I was 18 and this actually happened (along with the usual creeping deja vu sensation that you've seen/done this before). There were friends in the dream I hadn't met yet. Everything for about a solid 2 minutes was like in the dream I remembered. The beer that we spewed out into a bucket was naturally very foamy. Thus I showed everyone to keep their cup upside down all the way down, then turn it rightside up to fill at the bottom, then bring it up with minimal foam. Everyone congratulated me on my cleverness...again this was mirrored in both dream and reality. Of course the most detailed vision of the future I've had was of a mundane and foolish high school party!?!? :D

Also someone brought up the topic of remote viewing. I tried my own version of it. I borrowed a time-life book (one I had never read, or even cracked open). It was likely to have pictures on every page. So 1st I picked a # between 10-300 or so. Then I sat quietly in meditation and didn't "try" anything...just a clear head so to speak. However thoughts and images always flicker...I wrote down my strongest impressions of these without trying to concentrate on them too much at the same time. My written results were a helmet of some kind, a mullet hair cut (or something along that lines...hair draping down neckline), a fishing pole, and the Sphinx. Then I compared these results to the pre-determined page # and the pictures there were of King Tut's burial head-dress sarcophogus, along with a long bow found in burial chamber. The caption under the long bow also mentioned that it was used for fishing in the Nile. Granted it's not a direct hit, but the similarities impressed me. I generally have a scientific/skeptical viewpoint with things, but try to keep an open mind as well, literally in this case.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.