View post (Anyone good at OOBE?)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/20/2005 3:23 am
Originally Posted by: kill em allJust wondering if any of you guys have out of body experiences regularly and could give me some tips on how to achieve this phenomenon myself, or at least how to induce lucid dreams. Yeah, I know, totally un-related to guitar. But I figure if I can practice while my body sleeps or at least read up on theory or study for school I could really use this to help with guitar. I would join another forum for this but those sites are full of wierdos.

Ok, ready or not, here I come.
On lucid dreaming.
I've only ever been told about lucid dreams, in all of my life I've never had a single lucid dream. I've read into them and read some practice methods to help encourage them, which I did to pique my curiosity, and still nothing. So that leaves me to say my best guess is genetics.

On out of body experiences.
I've read into astral projections at least as much as I have any other hokey, psychic phenomenon and in the end it just seems completely full of it. If you're wanting to achieve an out of body experience then my best suggestion is to start doing more drugs. If you're wanting to read more theory and practice more guitar, I'd suggest drop the drug idea and just practice guitar and do more reading when you're lucid.

On the last sentence.
There's a reason why they're all weirdos.

I've seen people try and put all sorts of psychic things like telekinesis, telepathy, and astral projections as well into action and it's ridiculous. All the telekinetics I've seen used their hands to bend the spoons they were using, the telepathy was all based on probibility rather than possibility, and the astral projections were just people laying around. There's a reason why science has never had a chance to study this "phenomenon" and proclaim it to be possible or not. Namely because it's not there to study.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.