Any Sports Nuts Amongst Us?

binfordtools
binfordtools
11/30/2005 12:58 pm
Hey....hey...Hockey Town !!!

R E D W I N G S !!!
"I'm a rocker dude through and through. I like Van Halen, not Van Hagar" - Joe Dirt
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/30/2005 1:48 pm
I enjoy watching college football, motorcross, free style dirt bike competitions, Ultimate Fighting Championship, and I guess that's about it. When it comes to football, it helps if you've played before. I played for 6 years in junior high and high school. My first 3 years of football, my class only lost 3 games total. My junior year, we played in the state championship game, but lost by 1 touchdown. My senior year, we won the state championship. We were the first, and so far the only, to do that in the history of my school :D. Our championship ring is huge! I'll try to post a pic of it sometime.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
11/30/2005 2:48 pm
Hmmm lets see here:

MLB: Cleveland Indians
NFL: Cleveland Browns and San Francisco 49ers
NBA: Not a huge NBA fan, I root for the Cleveland Cavs or Memphis Grizzlies
NCAAF: Ohio State Buckeyes!! (This is my favorite sport by far)
NCAAB: Memphis U
Boxing: I liked the Klitchkoe brothers, but I think one just retired
UFC is good too
I haven't lived in the south long enough to get into NASCAR :p
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
11/30/2005 2:55 pm
Don't feel bad. I've lived here all my life, and still can't get into it.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4
stackny
stackny
11/30/2005 4:28 pm
I love motocross also. The freestyle thing doesnt do much for me. After you see the trick done the first few times, I lose interest. Snocross is pretty cool too.

I dont watch a ton of tv, but I religiously watch the Bills on Sunday, and some other football games, and I watch the Mets as often as possible. I never really make a big deal about having to see a baseball game though because the season is so long.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 5
Fretfire
Fretfire
11/30/2005 8:19 pm
I also love to watch "extreme sports" and Ultimate Fighting Championship as well. I also play basketball and I definitely love NBA especially The Miami HEAT....Dwayne Wade is the best player right now. ( No offense to Kobe, Lebron and Carmello) But Wade will be the next Jordan. :D .

I hope Shaq recovers fast so that Miami will be the next NBA champion...Go go go Miami Heat!
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 6
PowerChordWiz
PowerChordWiz
11/30/2005 8:39 pm
NFL:Packers (they suck this year, but I still watch them)

NBA:Bucks, umm not the best and I dont really like basketball, but they're ok

MLB:Brewers(They seem to be getting better)

Other than that I dont really like to watch other sports.

I myself play football, even though our coach is a dumbass, but we have a farily good team, and I also wrestle. Wrestling is by far the best sport out there, not like that **** entertainment stuff you see on tv with the chairs and the punching, but the real kind with an acual phisical challange and is much more interesting.
# 7
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
11/30/2005 8:49 pm
...Is MXC a sport? hehe :D

This is funny. Most of you like baseball and not hockey. Up North here it's the opposite!

I personally love baseball and am bored by hockey and football.
The Blue Jays are my team. Right now they're signing a bunch of new players like closer A.J. Burnett. But baseball is the only sport I actually play.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 8
stackny
stackny
11/30/2005 9:05 pm
Originally Posted by: FretfireI also love to watch "extreme sports" and Ultimate Fighting Championship as well. I also play basketball and I definitely love NBA especially The Miami HEAT....Dwayne Wade is the best player right now. ( No offense to Kobe, Lebron and Carmello) But Wade will be the next Jordan. :D .

I hope Shaq recovers fast so that Miami will be the next NBA champion...Go go go Miami Heat!

Nobody will ever top Jordan IMO. He was a class act and had that killer instinct. I miss the days of Jordan.
# 9
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
12/01/2005 1:19 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguy...Is MXC a sport? hehe :D

This is funny. Most of you like baseball and not hockey. Up North here it's the opposite!

I personally love baseball and am bored by hockey and football.
The Blue Jays are my team. Right now they're signing a bunch of new players like closer A.J. Burnett. But baseball is the only sport I actually play.

Actually B.J. Ryan is the closer you signed (and overpaid for) and he came from MY Baltimore Orioles, so we're screwed now. A.J. Burnett is a starter and the Blue Jays are pursuing him. Sorry, i just HAD to correct that :p
# 10
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/01/2005 3:25 pm
I don't care much for football or baseball but I do like NASCAR.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/01/2005 4:59 pm
Originally Posted by: bigbudaI don't care much for football or baseball but I do like NASCAR.

Who could've guessed that one #8?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
markc2005
markc2005
12/01/2005 5:41 pm
good old brittish rugby
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 13
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/01/2005 6:17 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWho could've guessed that one #8?

Yeah, How could you NOT see that coming? HAHA
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 14
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
12/01/2005 6:51 pm
Originally Posted by: bigbudaI don't care much for football or baseball but I do like NASCAR.

ugh, I can't stand nascar... it's so boring. but I like formula 1 racing, or any other kind of racing where you can make both left AND right turns :rolleyes:
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 15
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/01/2005 9:42 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsugh, I can't stand nascar... it's so boring. but I like formula 1 racing, or any other kind of racing where you can make both left AND right turns :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

There are two road tracks on the Nascar circuit where they make both left and right turns. :rolleyes:

I hate road tracks.........

[QUOTE=Akira]I FINALLY understand your pic now.

Yeah, it's a pic of a Dale Jr. license plate I have scaled down with photoshop. :cool:
# 16
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/02/2005 1:51 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsugh, I can't stand nascar... it's so boring. but I like formula 1 racing, or any other kind of racing where you can make both left AND right turns :rolleyes:

Try watching the Aarons 499 and waiting for the 23 car pile up. That's suspense my boy!
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 17
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/02/2005 3:29 am
Yep, football is taken perty serious down here, I tell you what, hehe. Too bad my NFL team is the worst in the league (Texans). At least the state recovered some pride this year with the Longhorns going undefeated so far. Otherwise the only "sport" I watch is Ultimate Fighting and the occasional trick shot or 9-ball pool game. And the Astros managed to get me to watch the Series this year even though I'm no fan of the game...yet it only served to remind me why I don't like it to begin with (slow pace, extremely overall longevity, out-of-shape "athletes",etc).
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 18
stackny
stackny
12/02/2005 3:31 am
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdYep, football is taken perty serious down here, I tell you what, hehe. Too bad my NFL team is the worst in the league (Texans). At least the state recovered some pride this year with the Longhorns going undefeated so far. Otherwise the only "sport" I watch is Ultimate Fighting and the occasional trick shot or 9-ball pool game. And the Astros managed to get me to watch the Series this year even though I'm no fan of the game...yet it only served to remind me why I don't like it to begin with (slow pace, extremely overall longevity, out-of-shape "athletes",etc).

Much respect for taking the Texans and not the Cowboys. I always root for the underdogs. Heck look at my teams! Mets, Nets, Bills, Sabers.....
# 19
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
12/02/2005 3:35 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaTry watching the Aarons 499 and waiting for the 23 car pile up. That's suspense my boy!

Oh Man! When Sadler wrecked last year and the year before that too, those were two of the most spectacular crashes I have ever seen. It's hard to believe someone could survive that kinda ***!
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.