A Long Time Away

Willdridge
Willdridge
10/09/2005 8:44 pm
Hi Everyone,

I used to be a regular here at GT, many, many moons ago. I sort of dropped off the edge of the site (for reasons I won't bore you all with). I'm hoping to make a "come back" and re-intergrate myself with the community, so I have a few quick questions I'm hoping you can help me with...

First...who's still here from "the-good-old-days?" Schmage? Johann? Rosk? (everyone else I've forgotten about!)

Second...what's been happening? I can see the site's been modernised, (I never thought it could have been improved, but from what I've seen so far I was very, very wrong!) Has anything else been going on? Any interesting new features been added? Who's who now-a-days? Etc.

Thirdly...(and finally)...are there any interesting posts, licks or tricks I should be checking out? Basically - is there any gossip?! :p

Anywho, I'm hoping to become familar and useful again (assuming I ever was!) to y'all.

Cheers GT-Forum,
Chris.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/09/2005 9:09 pm
I'm a newer member. Glad to hear a veteran member has returned, not to mention with the same first name as me. :D Welcome back.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/09/2005 9:25 pm
Schmange is still around, as are Azrael, Doc Simon, and Rask.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/09/2005 9:39 pm
Dr Simon I think's a bit after my time...but everyone else I recognise - nice to know there's some familar face's!

I've been browsing around since this post; perhaps someone could fill me in on the details of this subscription thing? I've said in other post I'm prepared to repay Jon for his kindness, but I'd be interested to see what people who have been around for the whole discussion make of it. (Maybe this isn't the thread to do it in, just curious).

Cheers,
Chris.
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
10/09/2005 9:43 pm
The subsription is for listening to sound clips and watch videos, as well as other lessons. There is also bonus' that come with like posting attachments, access to the high bandwidth forum, requesting of lessons, and a picture next to your name. All I can say is that its worth it.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/09/2005 10:03 pm
Hi, you don't know me.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
jk_647
jk_647
10/09/2005 10:10 pm
Hey dude im also new since you was last on the scene, nice to see your back ;) Have fun browsing!!!
Why doesn't my amp go up to 11, :(
Spinal Tap Rock
# 7
Gibson 335
Gibson 335
10/10/2005 8:51 am
Hi
welcome back, only been here a few weeks myself :)
Rock N Roll Baby
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/10/2005 3:31 pm
Welcome back! Whenabouts did you stop posting?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/10/2005 4:25 pm
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeRosk?

Rosk?!?

Oooooo... that's a banning offence right there if ever I've seen one... :p

Hey, what's been up, man?

I hope life's been treating you well.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/10/2005 6:22 pm
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeHi Everyone,

I used to be a regular here at GT, many, many moons ago. I sort of dropped off the edge of the site (for reasons I won't bore you all with). I'm hoping to make a "come back" and re-intergrate myself with the community, so I have a few quick questions I'm hoping you can help me with...

First...who's still here from "the-good-old-days?" Schmage? Johann? Rosk? (everyone else I've forgotten about!)[/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms]How soon they forget...[/font] :rolleyes:

Jeez, who's next - Bardsley?

Originally Posted by: Willdridge Second...what's been happening? I can see the site's been modernised, (I never thought it could have been improved, but from what I've seen so far I was very, very wrong!) Has anything else been going on? Any interesting new features been added? Who's who now-a-days? Etc.
[font=trebuchet ms]The Forum has a lot more supervision than it used to, and there are fewer flamefests. I think the biggest difference you'll notice is in the Lessons section. A major re-org, some new instructors, and videos available for a $5/month subscription.[/font]

[QUOTE=Willdridge] Thirdly...(and finally)...are there any interesting posts, licks or tricks I should be checking out? Basically - is there any gossip?! :p

[font=trebuchet ms]A lot has happened since back in the day. Just browse around. Everything ever posted in the forum is still here in the archives, and the search feature in the toolbar at the top of the page works very well with keywords.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
=stringbreaker=
=stringbreaker=
10/12/2005 4:28 pm
hi dude im new aswell and i play the guitar how about that???
OK, A guy walks into a building and says... ouch :D
# 12
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/12/2005 5:48 pm
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovRosk?!?

Oooooo... that's a banning offence right there if ever I've seen one... :p

Damn...stupid fingers....I should probably just leave now, eh? hehe...

Sorry Lord - knew there was load's of people I'd forgotten about...but, be fair I was about 14/15 when I was here regularly...I'm now 20...(that can't be right, surely?...Has it really been that long?!!!!)

I sort of put my guitar aside, (I still played, but I didn't really feel good enough to keep it up anymore). The biggest kick in the perverbial b*:!0&"s was my band going down the pan. In the last six months I've started playing more, writing songs, messing around with ideas on my PC and I realised..."Dude, you're not actually *that* bad...." (Meet Willdridge-the-egotist, :p)
I've still go a long way to go, which is why and back here looking for things to help me along. I realised recently that I love playing and learning things on the guitar; more importantly I realised I MISSED playing guitar...

Anyway, won't bore you anymore with my life's history; Glad to see you guys are still here, nice to see so many new people coming across this place too.

If I can't login anymore, I'll know I'm officially banned and barred from GT, :p
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/12/2005 5:51 pm
hey, I guess I'm kinda new-ish... much newer then you I suppose, I've been here a little over a year. but hey, welcome back.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.