Hand-held Gaming

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/03/2005 4:35 pm
Originally Posted by: =stringbreaker=the sword isnt that bad just think of all the marshmellows that it could roast
and if you think thats bad have u seen the sword out of devil may cry ???

More like, all the marshmellows it COULDN'T roast.

Yeah. Take THAT.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
=stringbreaker=
=stringbreaker=
10/03/2005 4:38 pm
dude whats that supposed to mean?
OK, A guy walks into a building and says... ouch :D
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/03/2005 7:03 pm
Originally Posted by: =stringbreaker=dude whats that supposed to mean?

prolly nothing, just Jolly being Jolly :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/03/2005 7:53 pm
oh man, original NES came about around the same time I did (I was born in 89) so I didn't get to play one very much, but my friend used to own one, it rarely worked, but when it did, man was it fun... I love the original zelda, and duckhunt, and lots of other stuff. SNES was pretty sick too, with games like mortal kombat, battletoads, double dragon, etc.

if you want a good handheld that plays this type of game, you should get a GBA. well, actually I recommend the GBA SP, cause the orignal GBA has no backlight, so it's really hard to see the screen unless you are in perfect lighting. and you can get some good games, you can get final fantasy I & II on one cartridge... those are some fun games.. you can also get dragon warrior I and II on the same cartridge (though it was made for gameboy color, you can use it on a GBA) and dragon warrior III (again, for game boy color) dragon warrior has got to be one of my favorite games ever. old school RPGs are the best. if anyone can point me in the direction of some other old school RPGs like the ones I mentioned, that would be cool.

but anyways, you can get alot of games that were made for SNES on a game boy advance (though be sure to look through the selection of game boy color games too, as you'll find treasures there, and they all work on the GBA) I haven't played the new generation of hand held gaming (PSP, nintendo DS) but from what I've heard, PSP is crap, and DS is fun.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/03/2005 9:42 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsoh man, original NES came about around the same time I did (I was born in 89) so I didn't get to play one very much, but my friend used to own one, it rarely worked, but when it did, man was it fun... I love the original zelda, and duckhunt, and lots of other stuff. SNES was pretty sick too, with games like mortal kombat, battletoads, double dragon, etc.

if you want a good handheld that plays this type of game, you should get a GBA. well, actually I recommend the GBA SP, cause the orignal GBA has no backlight, so it's really hard to see the screen unless you are in perfect lighting. and you can get some good games, you can get final fantasy I & II on one cartridge... those are some fun games.. you can also get dragon warrior I and II on the same cartridge (though it was made for gameboy color, you can use it on a GBA) and dragon warrior III (again, for game boy color) dragon warrior has got to be one of my favorite games ever. old school RPGs are the best. if anyone can point me in the direction of some other old school RPGs like the ones I mentioned, that would be cool.

but anyways, you can get alot of games that were made for SNES on a game boy advance (though be sure to look through the selection of game boy color games too, as you'll find treasures there, and they all work on the GBA) I haven't played the new generation of hand held gaming (PSP, nintendo DS) but from what I've heard, PSP is crap, and DS is fun.

Well you'll have your chance to relive all the nes classics here in a while. Nintendo's new system let's you download every nes game ever for one lump fee.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/03/2005 9:46 pm
Or you could just download and play all the roms on emulators for free right now.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 6
sigment frued
sigment frued
10/03/2005 10:02 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggSuccess!

The other game I was thinking of was Demon Sword:

holy crap!!!

I was playing that game last night on an emulator, god it was great!
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/03/2005 10:47 pm
ok, how do these emulators work? I downloaded one called FCE ultra... but I don't know where or how to get games to play on it.
my spyspace
# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/03/2005 11:36 pm
Originally Posted by: sigment fruedholy crap!!!

I was playing that game last night on an emulator, god it was great!

Hehe, yea, it's a sweet game as far as NES went :)
My YouTube Profile
# 9
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/04/2005 1:15 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsok, how do these emulators work? I downloaded one called FCE ultra

Good choice. That's what I use.

... but I don't know where or how to get games to play on it.

Mr. Google might help. I can email you final fantasy 1-3 if you can't find them anywhere.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 10
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/04/2005 3:06 am
Originally Posted by: HammurabiGood choice. That's what I use.

Mr. Google might help. I can email you final fantasy 1-3 if you can't find them anywhere.

it's cool, I found a site with a pretty huge library of NES and SNES games. it has final fantasy 3, and I already have the GBA version of final fantasy 1 & 2. so, it's all good.
my spyspace
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/08/2005 4:18 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsit's cool, I found a site with a pretty huge library of NES and SNES games. it has final fantasy 3, and I already have the GBA version of final fantasy 1 & 2. so, it's all good.

Final fantasy 3, now that's a killer game... well, I know it as final fantasy 6, since it was actually the 6th, but y'know. Still a great game.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
markc2005
markc2005
10/08/2005 5:15 pm
streets of rage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
humans aren't imortal
but rock and roll will never die
:cool:

my soundclick page nothing very impressive though
# 13
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
10/08/2005 6:28 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsFinal fantasy 3, now that's a killer game... well, I know it as final fantasy 6, since it was actually the 6th, but y'know. Still a great game.

I think #6 was for SNES. The NES FF#3 I have is an english translation of the third FF made (which I don't think was released here).
-A.H.
# 14
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/08/2005 6:59 pm
I downloaded the SNES emulator, and have been reliving the games of my childhood (SNES was my first system, got it when I was like 6) been playing stuff like lion king, spider man, sim city, and donkey kong
my spyspace
# 15
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/09/2005 3:04 am
FF3 was awesome and I always oscillate between that one and Chrono Trigger as my favorite SNES game of all time. You simply can't beat those golden RPGs made by square in the 90's.
My YouTube Profile
# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/09/2005 8:07 pm
I just got a game for xbox called sudeki, it's a pretty fricken fun game. RPG/adventure type of thing. I love almost every RPG out there... and I cannot wait for the xbox 360 to come out so I can get elder scrolls 4, because elder scrolls 3 was like my favoritest game ever!!! yeah, I'm done
my spyspace
# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/09/2005 10:05 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraUnfortunatly it all went wrong with FFX. :(

Say what??? No way dude, FFX was golden... well, some of the voice acting was kind of lame, but the story line was solid. FFX-2 was kind of lame though and a saddening let down for a sequel to a game that really needed more blanks filled in, but X is among my favorites from the series. Now if Square could get with the program and release XII.

Hulk Smash!!

# 18
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/10/2005 3:35 pm
Am I alone in preferring the SNES over the PS2 and/or X-box? My buddy from Ohio was down over the weekend and we beat Mega-Man 2 and 3 from the ol' NES. It was awesome!
My YouTube Profile
# 19
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/10/2005 5:59 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggAm I alone in preferring the SNES over the PS2 and/or X-box? My buddy from Ohio was down over the weekend and we beat Mega-Man 2 and 3 from the ol' NES. It was awesome!

I love xbox, but I still love good old snes. most old games wer good, nowadays you gotta look hard to find good games, but they are nout there, for example, elder scrolls III: morrowind is my favorite game of all time, it's a first person (though you can set it to third person if that's your thing) RPG. it has a very detailed storyline, and a MASSIVE map (without using any form of transportation, it could take you over an hour to walk from one end of the map to the other! and that's just a straight line, this thing is a continent shaped sorta like south america) the great part is, you can do whatever you want!!! say you wanna earn some money to buy the best weapons/armor
then you can
A. do quests and earn money
B. steal stuff and sell it
C. perform a paid assassination
D. steal the weapon without paying for it
E. go exploring for valuable items to sell
F. kill someone and take their stuff to sell
G. make some potions to sell
H. go hunt down some monsters to sell the things they drop

and that's all just for money, you can do whatever the heck you want! you want to be evil? then be evil. you want to be heroic? then be heroic. you want to just try to massacre every single person in the entire game? then do it! it's all possible.

moral of the story? yes, the classic games are great, but some of the newer ones can open up many more doors for you to have alot of things to do. (in morrowind, I've put in hundreds of hours, and still have not done everything you can do... you can play for thousands of hours before even starting the main quest if you want to!!!)
my spyspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.