View post (Hand-held Gaming)

View thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
10/10/2005 5:59 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggAm I alone in preferring the SNES over the PS2 and/or X-box? My buddy from Ohio was down over the weekend and we beat Mega-Man 2 and 3 from the ol' NES. It was awesome!

I love xbox, but I still love good old snes. most old games wer good, nowadays you gotta look hard to find good games, but they are nout there, for example, elder scrolls III: morrowind is my favorite game of all time, it's a first person (though you can set it to third person if that's your thing) RPG. it has a very detailed storyline, and a MASSIVE map (without using any form of transportation, it could take you over an hour to walk from one end of the map to the other! and that's just a straight line, this thing is a continent shaped sorta like south america) the great part is, you can do whatever you want!!! say you wanna earn some money to buy the best weapons/armor
then you can
A. do quests and earn money
B. steal stuff and sell it
C. perform a paid assassination
D. steal the weapon without paying for it
E. go exploring for valuable items to sell
F. kill someone and take their stuff to sell
G. make some potions to sell
H. go hunt down some monsters to sell the things they drop

and that's all just for money, you can do whatever the heck you want! you want to be evil? then be evil. you want to be heroic? then be heroic. you want to just try to massacre every single person in the entire game? then do it! it's all possible.

moral of the story? yes, the classic games are great, but some of the newer ones can open up many more doors for you to have alot of things to do. (in morrowind, I've put in hundreds of hours, and still have not done everything you can do... you can play for thousands of hours before even starting the main quest if you want to!!!)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace