View post (Hand-held Gaming)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/03/2005 9:42 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsoh man, original NES came about around the same time I did (I was born in 89) so I didn't get to play one very much, but my friend used to own one, it rarely worked, but when it did, man was it fun... I love the original zelda, and duckhunt, and lots of other stuff. SNES was pretty sick too, with games like mortal kombat, battletoads, double dragon, etc.

if you want a good handheld that plays this type of game, you should get a GBA. well, actually I recommend the GBA SP, cause the orignal GBA has no backlight, so it's really hard to see the screen unless you are in perfect lighting. and you can get some good games, you can get final fantasy I & II on one cartridge... those are some fun games.. you can also get dragon warrior I and II on the same cartridge (though it was made for gameboy color, you can use it on a GBA) and dragon warrior III (again, for game boy color) dragon warrior has got to be one of my favorite games ever. old school RPGs are the best. if anyone can point me in the direction of some other old school RPGs like the ones I mentioned, that would be cool.

but anyways, you can get alot of games that were made for SNES on a game boy advance (though be sure to look through the selection of game boy color games too, as you'll find treasures there, and they all work on the GBA) I haven't played the new generation of hand held gaming (PSP, nintendo DS) but from what I've heard, PSP is crap, and DS is fun.

Well you'll have your chance to relive all the nes classics here in a while. Nintendo's new system let's you download every nes game ever for one lump fee.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.