Why I don't go to "Big Name" concerts.

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
08/02/2005 3:51 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsTo think, all it would take is just one of my paychecks to get a nice seat in the nosebleed section. I think I'd quit a band before I'd let someone take advantage of my reputation like that. That's just ridiculous. And for Cream? Is Kiss even ripping people off that bad?

I'd pay more to see The Who than Cream...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
sigment frued
sigment frued
08/03/2005 12:38 am
for that amount of money, i hope you get the band!!!
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 2
roboguy
roboguy
08/03/2005 3:37 am
Those prices have to be a joke..Tell me its a joke :cool:
# 3
THEsageADVISORs
THEsageADVISORs
08/03/2005 3:40 am
the last concert I went to was $15 canadian each. country singer brad johner
http://www.david-darlene.homepage.nu
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/03/2005 4:20 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI'm going to see Steve Vai in October for the grand total of Ā£26, I thought that was a little pricey at first but it's nothing compared to them Cream tickets! :eek:

Yeah, no kidding. I paid 20 bucks for 25 bands last Sunday.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/03/2005 4:33 pm
I was at a christian music festival that lasts for 3 days... it was $47 a day... but, I paid the first day, then second day I got in for $10 and the third day my girlfriend got me a ticket for free... but she did get me a backstage pass all three days. so, here I am serving food to bands that I just saw like 20 minutes earlier on stage... $57 for three days of music, all day, it had to have been like 50 bands... of course, these were christian bands, so, I only saw like 4 or 5 bands. Project 86, Haste the Day, Blindside, Joy Williams (ok, my gf dragged me to that one), the afters (I had never heard of them before this concert... and they suck), and mercyme (but again, my gf wanted to see them)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 6
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/03/2005 4:37 pm
How was Project 86? I've got one of their albums (can't remember which one), and I couldn't believe that they were a Christian band when I first heard them.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/03/2005 4:50 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaHow was Project 86? I've got one of their albums (can't remember which one), and I couldn't believe that they were a Christian band when I first heard them.

project 86 was awesome, though their mosh pit was the most pitiful thing I've ever seen... but moshing wasn't allowed since this was a christian music festival thing... people still did, but it just wasn't allowed.
project 86, haste the day, and blindside... all metal bands that you wouldn't be able to tell were christian unless someone told you... I'm just dissapointed that extol wasn't there.
but I'm listening to a haste the day cd right now... I love it
my spyspace
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/03/2005 9:29 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraNo pits allowed? W..T...F...

Is this the part where I find out that moshing is a sin in the eyes of God?

no, not necessarily because it was a sin, they just didn't want anyone to get hurt.
my spyspace
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/03/2005 10:03 pm
I'm still thinking about the part where metal and christian were mentioned in the same sentence.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/03/2005 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'm still thinking about the part where metal and christian were mentioned in the same sentence.

There's some surprisingly good stuff in the Christian scene.

Of course, some of it is friggin' HORRID, too.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/04/2005 12:15 am
i think id kick my own ass if i went to a christian music festival, just on the principal of all the pricks i would probably see there. i mean, warped tour was bad. pouser central. christian music festival.....sheesh.

and another thing about the whole christian metal band stuff, thats fine and whatever, but thats like a right-winged punk band, or a one-footed monkey. its just ****ing weird.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 12
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/04/2005 2:08 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersi think id kick my own ass if i went to a christian music festival, just on the principal of all the pricks i would probably see there. i mean, warped tour was bad. pouser central. christian music festival.....sheesh.

and another thing about the whole christian metal band stuff, thats fine and whatever, but thats like a right-winged punk band, or a one-footed monkey. its just ****ing weird.

Have you ever listened to a live Black Sabbath album and noted how many times Ozzy says "God bless you, God bless you one and all" or something to that effect?

While Black Metal certainly has something of an anti-Christian streak, there's absolutely nothing about the general genre of "Metal" that is necessarily against da baby Jesus. Certain schools of the Christian church certainly developed (and in many cases, still harbor) an aversion to Heavy Metal music, Heavy Metal didn't start with an anti-Christian stance; merely an anti-war, individualistic message with an interest in the occult.

Even if you take a song like N.I.B. which is sung from the perspective of Satan -- isn't the overall tone of the song as much a warning against Satanism as it is an exploration of the subject?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/04/2005 2:26 am
Originally Posted by: RaskolnikovThere's some surprisingly good stuff in the Christian scene.

Of course, some of it is friggin' HORRID, too.

Yeah, I know... but being the death/black/thrash/etc. metal head that I am, I've come to have a very clear idea on what true metal is, not that I think that it's impossible for a christian band to be true metal, it's more so a matter of skepticism. I've heard and enjoy a number of christian bands that are of the heavier influence, though I don't think I'd give the ones I've heard credit as being a real metal band. Namely because of the ones I've heard, I think they still tone it down and typically don't get as ruthless as they could be. I'm aware of the possible, probable contradictions in there, I just don't really feel much like detailing things right now.

Hulk Smash!!

# 14
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
08/04/2005 3:45 am
I would NEVER pay that much for a concert, and definetly not for cream, I would rather buy a PRS or a nice marshall stack, I thought $600 tickets for the stones were insane, whcih i still kind of think since i could definelty not afford that, but 3,000+?! and even the ticvkets BEHIND the stage were extremely exepsnive, i mean, might as welld listen to a cd
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/04/2005 8:03 am
dude, I listen to both chrtistian and non-christian metal, you could pretty much call me a metal head too, since that's pretty much my favorite kind of music. and seriously, there are a few christian bands that suck... but there are definatley those that are good... it's really not just screaming the words "jesus loves me, this I know, for the bible tells me so" it's not like that at all... one project 86 song as I recall says something like "grabbing my enemy's neck and choke till he screams!" and that's christian! if they do actually mention god in their songs, it is hidden with an analogy or simile or something like that. here's some sound clips I found of the haste the day cd that I got. (one quick note is that these clips sound quality is horrible, the cd sounds MUCH better, but these are just 30 second clips) and if you think that isn't hard enough? then check out this band. and some bands that you may have heard of, but never knew were christian: extol, underoath, demon hunter... still think christians can't play metal?
my spyspace
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/04/2005 4:36 pm
I don't really think that christians can't play metal since I do enjoy Extol and own Demon Hunter's first CD. I'm just mostly more into the non-christian persuasion simply because my personal preferance likes the way their music happens to sound more. Not to generalize or anything, it's just the way my tastes work. Though I think that Demon Hunter could be a bit more ruthless with things, I think that Extol is doing A-Ok. Just sort of how my tastes have fallen into place.

Hulk Smash!!

# 17
whittysx
whittysx
08/04/2005 9:38 pm
I'm Christian, but I don't like Christian rock or metal from what I've heard. I've tried to find some good Christian music, but I don't like most of it. I saw Relient K live once with a friend since she wanted to go. They were ok, but they sounded a bit more like pop music than rock. If any of you could recommend good Christian metal to me, it would be appreciated.

Those ticket prices were ridiculous. I think it's awful to put fans behind the stage and charge them that much. I'd rather just buy a bunch of CDs.
# 18
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/04/2005 10:14 pm
Originally Posted by: whittysxIf any of you could recommend good Christian metal to me, it would be appreciated.

Haste the Day
Norma Jean
Extol
Demon hunter
Project 86
Eastwest
The Chariot
Staple
Underoath
and that's all I can think of right now...
my spyspace
# 19
whittysx
whittysx
08/04/2005 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsHaste the Day
Norma Jean
Extol
Demon hunter
Project 86
Eastwest
The Chariot
Staple
Underoath
and that's all I can think of right now...

Thank you. Demon Hunter is pretty good. I've heard of some of those before.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.