View post (Why I don't go to "Big Name" concerts.)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/04/2005 2:08 am
Originally Posted by: quickfingersi think id kick my own ass if i went to a christian music festival, just on the principal of all the pricks i would probably see there. i mean, warped tour was bad. pouser central. christian music festival.....sheesh.

and another thing about the whole christian metal band stuff, thats fine and whatever, but thats like a right-winged punk band, or a one-footed monkey. its just ****ing weird.

Have you ever listened to a live Black Sabbath album and noted how many times Ozzy says "God bless you, God bless you one and all" or something to that effect?

While Black Metal certainly has something of an anti-Christian streak, there's absolutely nothing about the general genre of "Metal" that is necessarily against da baby Jesus. Certain schools of the Christian church certainly developed (and in many cases, still harbor) an aversion to Heavy Metal music, Heavy Metal didn't start with an anti-Christian stance; merely an anti-war, individualistic message with an interest in the occult.

Even if you take a song like N.I.B. which is sung from the perspective of Satan -- isn't the overall tone of the song as much a warning against Satanism as it is an exploration of the subject?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons