[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 7:23 pm
Originally Posted by: PRSplayaAren't you supposed to use lime wedge's instead of lemon wedge's? :confused:
[font=trebuchet ms]Whatever works for you.

Me, I think limes are only suitable for throwing at Sasquatches. Since there don't seem to be any Sasquatches in my 'hood, I have no need to acquire any limes.

At all.

Ever. [/font]

:p
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/29/2005 7:29 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]A water glass full of tequila is [u]not[/u] a standard shot.[/font]

How many shots is it? A dozen?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 7:37 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiHow many shots is it? A dozen?
[font=trebuchet ms]Six or eight, I think.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 4
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/29/2005 7:46 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Six or eight, I think.[/font]

sick sick man !!

Tee Hee !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 7:50 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonsick sick man !!

Tee Hee !!
[font=trebuchet ms]Sick? Such an utterly inadequate word. Not nearly capable of describing that kind of insanity, or the resulting consequences.

That was back in 1973, if I recall correctly. I haven't had more than two Sunrises at a time in about 10 years.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/29/2005 7:51 pm
I like Jager Bombs!
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 7:54 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]Blechhh!

Cough syrup![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 8
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/29/2005 7:56 pm
Licorice!!
My YouTube Profile
# 9
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 8:06 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggLicorice!!
[font=trebuchet ms]????

You're not talking about Jaegermeister liqueur?[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 10
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/29/2005 8:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]????

You're not talking about Jaegermeister liqueur?[/font]

Yea, that's the stuff alright. It's my liquor of choice. A Jager bomb is where you drop a shot of Jager into half a glass of Red Bull and chug it all down. It leaves you feeling energized and strong like BULL!

My YouTube Profile
# 11
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/29/2005 8:27 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Sick? Such an utterly inadequate word. Not nearly capable of describing that kind of insanity, or the resulting consequences.

That was back in 1973, if I recall correctly. I haven't had more than two Sunrises at a time in about 10 years.[/font]

Baaa tequila death slides more like !! I totally get the bit about your brain freezing and leaving your body to run amok !

Last time I drank the stuff was in the form of slammers. I ended up on all fours chasing this chick round the pool table barking and trying (successfully) to bite her ass !!

I mean... "Simon scare me, I need to get rid of these hiccups". What a bloody silly thing to say to some one such as my good self. Especially after a skin full of tequila !

Then of course I met Catherine got married and all that malarky stopped !

and as for Jagermiester..... its just ****ing horrible !!
# 12
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/29/2005 9:34 pm
arr nothing unusual there I think. Once again the good doctor astounds onlookers and raises the bar for everyone else !

those damn craaaazzeeyy brits !
# 13
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/30/2005 12:03 pm
One of the advantages of being in your 40's is that you are suppose to learn from your mistakes. This is not entirely true. I have more hangover stories than I care to mention. But one of my favorites has to be when I was stationed in Korea. I was a firefighter and we worked 24 hours on/24 hours off duty. We had a major burn one night so we ended up working, hard, the entire night. We got off duty and decided that we needed to have a 'few' to calm ourselves and celebrate the fact that no one died.

A bunch of us took a few cabs into Seoul to party up. Now if you ever get a chance to ride a cab in Seoul, do so! Bumper to bumper traffic at any time of the day or night, little old guys leading ox-carts through the city with egg cartes piled high on the back, teeming masses wandering in and out of traffic...the whole time you're rocketing through this mess at 80 mph. Oh yeah, that's fun!

Now they have a liqour there called Soju. Soju is the rice equivalant of grain alcohol. The difference is that they add Sprite and an anti-vomiting agent to it. You can slam this stuff all night and YOU WILL NOT GET SICK. For about 5 bucks, you get a brass tea kettle filled with this and some shot glasses with little bull frogs embalzened on the front. We sat there, three of us, and went through at least 4 kettles of this. As long as you were sitting down and drinking, no problem. Once you stand up...well, different story. I remember feeling like someone hit me in the back of the head with a ball bat and that was that.

12 hours later, I woke up in brothel in Seoul wearing a t-shirt and socks and praying for death. I have no idea what happened in those missing twelve hours but when I finally got back to the base and hooked up with my buds, it became clear that we did some things that none of us would ever tell the folks back home.

I didn't drink again for three months after that and I still have the tattoo from that night! :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 14
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/30/2005 12:11 pm
Hunter60, I doff my cap mate....outstanding !
# 15
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/30/2005 2:59 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60One of the advantages of being in your 40's is that you are supposed to learn from your mistakes...
[font=trebuchet ms]Ah, grasshopper...

Wisdom may be seen as a combination of clear thought and good judgement. This comes as a result of accumulated experience.

Experience is often the result of the absence of clear thought or good judgement!

You seem to have accumulated much experience.[/font] :cool:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 16
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/31/2005 1:06 am
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Ah, grasshopper...

Wisdom may be seen as a combination of clear thought and good judgement. This comes as a result of accumulated experience.

Experience is often the result of the absence of clear thought or good judgement!

You seem to have accumulated much experience.[/font] :cool:

Yes indeed, I have accumulated much experience and it appears that my level of accumulation only increases with age! Ah well, as a dear friend of mine says 'That which does not kill you makes for a damn fine story...'

:cool:

And thanks for the props, Doc!
# 17
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/31/2005 5:19 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60One of the advantages of being in your 40's is that you are suppose to learn from your mistakes. This is not entirely true. I have more hangover stories than I care to mention. But one of my favorites has to be when I was stationed in Korea. I was a firefighter and we worked 24 hours on/24 hours off duty. We had a major burn one night so we ended up working, hard, the entire night. We got off duty and decided that we needed to have a 'few' to calm ourselves and celebrate the fact that no one died.

A bunch of us took a few cabs into Seoul to party up. Now if you ever get a chance to ride a cab in Seoul, do so! Bumper to bumper traffic at any time of the day or night, little old guys leading ox-carts through the city with egg cartes piled high on the back, teeming masses wandering in and out of traffic...the whole time you're rocketing through this mess at 80 mph. Oh yeah, that's fun!

Now they have a liqour there called Soju. Soju is the rice equivalant of grain alcohol. The difference is that they add Sprite and an anti-vomiting agent to it. You can slam this stuff all night and YOU WILL NOT GET SICK. For about 5 bucks, you get a brass tea kettle filled with this and some shot glasses with little bull frogs embalzened on the front. We sat there, three of us, and went through at least 4 kettles of this. As long as you were sitting down and drinking, no problem. Once you stand up...well, different story. I remember feeling like someone hit me in the back of the head with a ball bat and that was that.

12 hours later, I woke up in brothel in Seoul wearing a t-shirt and socks and praying for death. I have no idea what happened in those missing twelve hours but when I finally got back to the base and hooked up with my buds, it became clear that we did some things that none of us would ever tell the folks back home.

I didn't drink again for three months after that and I still have the tattoo from that night! :)

Now that's a kickass story!
My YouTube Profile
# 18
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/31/2005 12:33 pm
Id expect nothing less from someone using a quote from no other than the great Dr Gonzo !

HST was one of my faves also !!! Did you see the Terry Gilliam film of "Fear and Loathing" ? One of my all time favorite scenes is Johnny Depp waking up in a totally distorted hotel room warring a tape-recorder, a pare of fishing waders and a great big rubber lizards tail. I was a little hung-over and feeling very sorry for my self first time I saw it. Made me feel much better !!
# 19
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/31/2005 2:32 pm
I have been a huge fan of the good doc for many years. I can remember reading his political coverage in Rolling Stone when I was in high school and being blown away by it. And Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was one of the very first books that I read that really turned me on to the power of the written word. It's a howl.

I did really enjoy Gilliams film and I recall the scene you're talking about. When I first saw that scene, I thought "Oh yeah, been there...." There was a film done years ago starring Bill Murray called 'Where the buffalo roam (title song by Neil Young of all people)' which was not great. There are a few scenes in there that are worth it. Peter Boyle played the Attorney Oscar Acosta. Very funny stuff. I recommend watching that one.

I have every book HST has written and still go back and read through them once in a while just to make myself laugh.

It was a seriously sad day in June when the word came out that the doc decided to cash in.

And you know his most famous quote? "I would never recommend, alcohol, drugs and violence to anyone, but they've always worked for me..."

:D
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.