View post (I'm hurtin')

View thread

hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
07/31/2005 2:32 pm
I have been a huge fan of the good doc for many years. I can remember reading his political coverage in Rolling Stone when I was in high school and being blown away by it. And Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas was one of the very first books that I read that really turned me on to the power of the written word. It's a howl.

I did really enjoy Gilliams film and I recall the scene you're talking about. When I first saw that scene, I thought "Oh yeah, been there...." There was a film done years ago starring Bill Murray called 'Where the buffalo roam (title song by Neil Young of all people)' which was not great. There are a few scenes in there that are worth it. Peter Boyle played the Attorney Oscar Acosta. Very funny stuff. I recommend watching that one.

I have every book HST has written and still go back and read through them once in a while just to make myself laugh.

It was a seriously sad day in June when the word came out that the doc decided to cash in.

And you know his most famous quote? "I would never recommend, alcohol, drugs and violence to anyone, but they've always worked for me..."

:D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]