I'm hurtin'

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/28/2005 1:35 pm
Had a poker night out at the boss's last night and managed to drink about 8 beers and far too much Jager. I got second place and got my $20 back, but I'm hurtin' this morning. Being sleepy at work is one thing, but being sleepy and hungover is far worse. Does anyone have any cool hangover stories? Especially one's dealing with having to be at work. :D
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
07/28/2005 1:49 pm
Oh man... I worked at a golf course during the summer when I was in high school... I worked with five other guys. 3 of them were college students (23 or 24) and the other two were my age (16 or 17 at the time). One of the older guys drove a van and he would get so wasted that he would drive his van to the golf course at 4 or 5 in the morning and pass out in the back of his van just so he wouldn't be late for work in the morning.... he usually did this about every morning... if he wasn't passed out in his van he was passed out on one of the lawn mowers or a golf cart... or just on the floor of the shop... One of the other older guys would always mow the greens... and he would be high and/or still drunk from the night before... one day I was mowing the collars/fringe and he was mowing a green and he didn't take the flag out.... well... he passed out while on the mower and his mower turned straight for the flag and he ran straight over it...... and didn't wake up. I watched the whole thing happen and I laughed the whole time... his mower slowly creeped along chewing up the flag until finally there was nothing left but shards. Meanwhile his mower heads off the green and he falls off a 4 foot sand trap lip into the sand trap.... he finally woke up. The superintendent wasn't too happy but I thought it was hilarious. Also, I was hungover there one time and I had to stop mowing so some older people could play through. Old people are slow golfers... so it took awhile... I put my head down (this was at around 6:15 in the morning) and next thing I knew the guy that ran over the flag was doing donuts with his mower around my mower.... and it was lunch time... hahaha. So yeah, that was a fun summer job.
# 2
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/28/2005 1:56 pm
Well, this isn't really much of a story. But the picture of me on my license is when I'm really hung over. It was the morning after the night I discovered why people use shot glasses for liquor, and not regular glasses. Why must I learn these things the hard way?

# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/28/2005 1:57 pm
I like how the one guy would just drive to work and pass out in his van so he wouldn't be late. Brilliant!
My YouTube Profile
# 4
aschleman
aschleman
07/28/2005 2:03 pm
It was even more hilarious when some chick would climb out of the back and start walking up toward the clubhouse to call someone to pick her up... BRILLIANT! <------ That's what I always said too!
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/28/2005 2:22 pm
I don't think I'm gonna make it through today guys...

There's harsh flourescent lighting everywhere and it's piercing my brain. Everytime I try to look at something (papers, computer screen) up close I start feeling nauseous. What the hell did I do to myself!?! Why isn't this Advil working? Agghghgh
My YouTube Profile
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/28/2005 3:06 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI don't think I'm gonna make it through today guys...

There's harsh flourescent lighting everywhere and it's piercing my brain. Everytime I try to look at something (papers, computer screen) up close I start feeling nauseous. What the hell did I do to myself!?! Why isn't this Advil working? Agghghgh

ADvil, pffssshhhh. You should try excedrin, when i'm hingover and have to go to school that works pretty good for me.

Just for kicks heres some big yellow print.

"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 7
aschleman
aschleman
07/28/2005 3:44 pm
That's true... Excedrin is the best. You need to drink lots and lots of Gatorade!!!! You may be hungover to the point where everything tastes and smells like beer... but trust me, you need to drink Gatorade.
# 8
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/28/2005 5:17 pm
A couple of excederin and a big glass of V8 does the trick for me. Also, getting some food in your stomach might help, but nothing greesy or too spicy.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 9
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/28/2005 6:42 pm
Originally Posted by: elklandercc
Just for kicks heres some big yellow print.

That was mean dude. I was still pretty queasy when I checked your reply and my stomach started doing somersaults when my eyes strained to distinguish the minimal contrast of those big yellow letters against the white background. It's amazing how sensitive your senses become when you're hungover. :mad: But, hey, I deserve it. :D

I never knew Excedrin came so highly recommended from so many different sources. I guess that can't be a fluke, I'll have to get a bottle next time I run out of Advil.

Anyways, I'm feeling tons better. Getting out of the office on my lunch break fixed everything. Now I'm just really sleepy, but I can deal with being sleepy.

Any more stories out there?
My YouTube Profile
# 10
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/28/2005 7:37 pm
Hair of the dog man.
Drink a beer. :cool:
# 11
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/28/2005 9:45 pm
Well guys, it's 4:50PM Memphis time and it looks like I made it through today after all. Aside from being a little sleepy, I feel great. I love my resilient 24-year-old body. It begs to be abused!
My YouTube Profile
# 12
sigment frued
sigment frued
07/28/2005 11:31 pm
i have a good hangover story

it all started with and overage gig with a band im in called sirocco (check out the site www.siroccoband.com even sign are guestbook) we got to the overage gig and played it but it went horrible the crowd just were not in the mood which made us all go on the piss. i had half a pint of whiskey and then went into drink 4 cans of bulmers, i was totaled. i woke up on the floor at half seven in the moring and went to find a place to sleep. the lead guitarist of the band found me and was in just as bad a state as i was, worst of all we had a gig and 2:30.

we got are gear ready and contiued to the gig, we got breakfast and robert kiernan (the guy who hits things with sticks) puked it all up, and so we got to the gig a band called drunken lepeard played before us and got the crowd going great with all the crowd shouting "one more song" we thought we were dead but stuck it out and as soon as we hit the first note the crowd went crazy, it was the first moshpit we ever got, and probably the best experience i have had on stage ever since.

just thought i would tell that story since you asked
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 13
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/29/2005 12:13 pm
Ahh, I never get tired of that story :D

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 14
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/29/2005 1:26 pm
Blurggg

my turn today !!

I've had worse and will doubtless have worse again...however I ...oh pants !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 15
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/29/2005 1:39 pm
Great story LATS. I too never tire of hearing it.. Good luck with yours today Doc. You can do it, something tells me you have years of practical hangover experience :D

So I passed out at 9pm last night and slept for 10 hours. That's twice as many as I usually get. I feel great!
My YouTube Profile
# 16
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/29/2005 1:47 pm
Yeah, I was on the downward spiral towards having a hangover this morning, but I rememberd this thread, so I stopped just short of that, got something to eat and went to bed. Besides being groggy, I feel fine. I'll have to remember that combination. Jack and Ginger Ale, then a Tontino's pizza, then bed. At least I wasn't like this guy ---->

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 17
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/29/2005 1:58 pm
Yep after last Sat I was really cunning and, having gone through far too much Guinness, poured my second whisky back in the bottle. Consequently I can just about function today though I haven't tried eating anything yet ! !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 18
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
07/29/2005 6:26 pm
He poured a glass for himself and explained what the salt and the lemon wedges were for. I thought he was kidding.

What exactly were they for? :confused:
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 19
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/29/2005 7:08 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiWhat exactly were they for? :confused:
[font=trebuchet ms]
  • Wipe the lemon wedge across the skin on the back of your hand between the thumb and forefinger.
  • Sprinkle some salt on the area you just applied lemon juice to.
  • Hold the lemon wedge between the thumb and forefinger of the hand that has the juice and salt on it.
  • Pick up your shot of tequila with the other hand.
  • Lick the salt.
  • Drink the tequila in one swallow.
  • Suck on the lemon wedge.

Note: A a water glass full of tequila is [u]not[/u] a standard shot.[/font] :eek:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.