View post (I'm hurtin')

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/31/2005 5:19 am
Originally Posted by: hunter60One of the advantages of being in your 40's is that you are suppose to learn from your mistakes. This is not entirely true. I have more hangover stories than I care to mention. But one of my favorites has to be when I was stationed in Korea. I was a firefighter and we worked 24 hours on/24 hours off duty. We had a major burn one night so we ended up working, hard, the entire night. We got off duty and decided that we needed to have a 'few' to calm ourselves and celebrate the fact that no one died.

A bunch of us took a few cabs into Seoul to party up. Now if you ever get a chance to ride a cab in Seoul, do so! Bumper to bumper traffic at any time of the day or night, little old guys leading ox-carts through the city with egg cartes piled high on the back, teeming masses wandering in and out of traffic...the whole time you're rocketing through this mess at 80 mph. Oh yeah, that's fun!

Now they have a liqour there called Soju. Soju is the rice equivalant of grain alcohol. The difference is that they add Sprite and an anti-vomiting agent to it. You can slam this stuff all night and YOU WILL NOT GET SICK. For about 5 bucks, you get a brass tea kettle filled with this and some shot glasses with little bull frogs embalzened on the front. We sat there, three of us, and went through at least 4 kettles of this. As long as you were sitting down and drinking, no problem. Once you stand up...well, different story. I remember feeling like someone hit me in the back of the head with a ball bat and that was that.

12 hours later, I woke up in brothel in Seoul wearing a t-shirt and socks and praying for death. I have no idea what happened in those missing twelve hours but when I finally got back to the base and hooked up with my buds, it became clear that we did some things that none of us would ever tell the folks back home.

I didn't drink again for three months after that and I still have the tattoo from that night! :)

Now that's a kickass story!
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile