Dimebag Darrell getting shot

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/06/2005 10:11 am
Here

i'm glad phil was banned from the funeral.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
garthio
garthio
06/07/2005 3:18 am
dont you think this post is a little late he was shot back in december, i personally dont think it was right to ban phil. yea him and dime got into it pretty good and phil destroyed pantera(my favorite band) he still was like his family for years that they together in pantera not to mention, how long were they friends before pantera.anyways i think phil should have had the chace to pay his respect for his best friend, even though he decided to not pay respect when pantera broke up but, ill just stop here
R.I.P Dimebag
You Will Never Be Forgotten
# 2
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/07/2005 6:52 am
Originally Posted by: garthiodont you think this post is a little late he was shot back in december, i personally dont think it was right to ban phil. yea him and dime got into it pretty good and phil destroyed pantera(my favorite band) he still was like his family for years that they together in pantera not to mention, how long were they friends before pantera.anyways i think phil should have had the chace to pay his respect for his best friend, even though he decided to not pay respect when pantera broke up but, ill just stop here

the shooting photage was finally released by police. as far as banning phil...i'm totally behind that because phil was talking about how he wanted his fans to kill dimebag and **** and just really talking a bunch of stupid sh*t...now i don't know about you but i'd never tell my fans to do my bidding and kill someone i hate. it's pretty f*cked up.

stupid f*cking censored crap...made me go back through this and put those stupid asteriks like anyone wouldn't know what f*ck is or sh*t.
# 3
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/07/2005 7:59 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraCalm down.

heh, sorry, i was doing that more just to make a point of it and that i don't like censorship. i wasn't really mad. :p
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/07/2005 10:29 pm
You dont like cencorship, I dont like being subjected to needless prophanity, its 6 and half a dozen.
# 5
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/07/2005 10:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseYou dont like cencorship, I dont like being subjected to needless prophanity, its 6 and half a dozen.

is it needless profanity when it's my vernacular and just how i speak? i don't swear all the time..but there are times i find it appropriate.
# 6
garthio
garthio
06/08/2005 11:48 pm
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusthe shooting photage was finally released by police. as far as banning phil...i'm totally behind that because phil was talking about how he wanted his fans to kill dimebag and **** and just really talking a bunch of stupid sh*t...now i don't know about you but i'd never tell my fans to do my bidding and kill someone i hate. it's pretty f*cked up.

stupid f*cking censored crap...made me go back through this and put those stupid asteriks like anyone wouldn't know what f*ck is or sh*t.

When did phil say that??? Just curious cuz id like to read about that. and that totally changes the way i see phil because i never heard about that. i take back everything i said in my last post.
R.I.P Dimebag
# 7
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/09/2005 4:31 am
Originally Posted by: garthioWhen did phil say that??? Just curious cuz id like to read about that. and that totally changes the way i see phil because i never heard about that. i take back everything i said in my last post.

i'd need to do some searching to find it again...
# 8
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/09/2005 4:49 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusi'd need to do some searching to find it again...

my bad, i just found the article again...this is what he said..

"I think, more or less, it lies between Dimebag and I. There was never a point when he could not get drunk. Which was pretty much every day. And now I'm hearing it's worse than ever.
"He would attack me, vocally. And just knowing that he was so much smaller than me I could kill him like a ****in' piece of vapor, you know, he would turn into vapour - his chin would, at least, if I ****in' smacked it. And he knows that. The world should know that. So physically, of course, he deserves to be beaten severely.
"But of course, that's criminal and I won't do such a thing... Really, I just let him prattle on. I grew very tired of it very quickly, and whenever it came up, like it has come up today, I just chose to wish them the best of luck. And in all honesty I really wish that they would be men, which is very hard for them, figuring that they were living in their mother's house until they're 30 years old. In comparison, I was on the street by choice at the age of 15, living anywhere I could - but living, and successfully living, through my will."

uh, should i have censored phil? sorry, i forgot with the cut and paste.

the living on the streets part is laughable...i'm from the same streets and he makes it out like as if he's hard for doing it...yeah f'ing right. streets of the suburbs of metairie louisiana and his daddy owns a successful restaurant here (called anselmo's).
# 9
garthio
garthio
06/09/2005 9:08 pm
its the same story with every successful band. thaty get drunk all the time and start fighting and break up.same thing almost happened to metallica(my favorite band of all time with Pantera in a close second) luckily metallica got some help before it got too bad and they broke up. i was very mad when i heard that pantera broke up. and phil.....why the hell would he leave pantera for his other band "DOWN"(that is the name right?) Pantera was known by everyone and all the fans loved phil. why would he leave it for some nobody bad. just goes to show you what toll fame takes on you huh?
R.I.P Dimebag
# 10
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/09/2005 9:25 pm
Originally Posted by: garthioits the same story with every successful band. thaty get drunk all the time and start fighting and break up.same thing almost happened to metallica(my favorite band of all time with Pantera in a close second) luckily metallica got some help before it got too bad and they broke up. i was very mad when i heard that pantera broke up. and phil.....why the hell would he leave pantera for his other band "DOWN"(that is the name right?) Pantera was known by everyone and all the fans loved phil. why would he leave it for some nobody bad. just goes to show you what toll fame takes on you huh?

yeah, guess so. i think it's more that phil talked about personal stuff and darrell's personal problems and that he lived with his mom for 30 years and stuff?

oh yeah...phil is full of himself...i can show you around where he went to school and the streets he grew up on...it's a joke. the streets are streets i walked on and around by myself when i was 13 and well...it's basically not new orleans. if he was 15 and walking the streets of new orleans...he'd have been shot dead or mugged and left with absolutely nothing.
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/10/2005 12:54 am
I'm was never really too much of a pantera fan so I really can't say much. I like the stuff, but I have to be in the mood. I never knew that Phil had said what he said, but I knew of his arrogance so I'm not exactly surprised by it. Post Darryl, I did see that apology video of his, though I wasn't 100% convinced, namely because he kept blaming metal magazines instead of himself. The magazines might've filled the blanks with bull****, but it's still a matter of personal responsability to keep your head on your shoulders. I'm sure the dude feels bad and all, and for an arrogant **** he gets an A for effort, but he still has a lot of ground to cover... and that's fine. We all do. It's just how it is and with that all I can do is bid best of luck. If he had such a problem with Darryl living with his parents and drinking heavily in the first place then it's his fault as well for putting himself in an environment he wasn't comfortable with. Oh well, nothing's gonna change anything now.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 12
SPL
SPL
06/13/2005 11:09 pm
We know nothing about what went on between these people. Personal issues can be complicated enough without interference from trashy publications that are looking for some nice headlines. If you think you have a good grasp of what went on between Dime and Phil based on what you read online or in magazines, you have a lot of growing up to do.

What happened was sad, why not just leave it at that?
# 13
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/14/2005 8:26 am
Originally Posted by: SPLWe know nothing about what went on between these people. Personal issues can be complicated enough without interference from trashy publications that are looking for some nice headlines. If you think you have a good grasp of what went on between Dime and Phil based on what you read online or in magazines, you have a lot of growing up to do.

What happened was sad, why not just leave it at that?

well said. though i was involved in the talking, i do agree. i mean...i'm sure a good majority of us are in bands and know that a lot goes on between people and their personal interraction.
# 14

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.