Halo 2

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/09/2005 5:24 pm
This is the only game I have for my xbox lol! Its awesome! Ive been playing is on LIVE most days since it came out!

Anyone else played it? Theres new levels coming out soon!!
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/09/2005 9:31 pm
I never really got into halo, to be honest. It just never clicked for me. I never got into Xbox as a whole really. And that's what gets me. I tell people that I don't like xbox because all the games I like are already on nintendo or playstation. Any xbox exclusive games just don't appeal to me so I don't lean towards xbox. It also always gets me that I tell them that the only reputable game xbox has that comes close to getting my attention is halo, which I don't like and it never fails, the head-up-the-ass syndrome takes effect and they say **** like "xbox has good games, like halo". And I remind them of what I just said as well as pointing out that halo's also on computer and I'm not gonna buy a console that I don't even like for one game that I don't even like when I can save money and just get it for computer if anything. Just my thoughts. I went on a tangent I know... sorry. If you like the game, then knock yourself out dude, at least you're having fun right?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/10/2005 1:50 am
A lot of ps2 fans like ps2 a lot because of theirwide variety of games, but xbox tops ps2 for graphics. Look at gta double pack, when it came out the graphics were a lot better for the box than for the ps2. Anyway, halo and halo2 are still great games.I havent been able to play them online yet because im waiting till we build or new house for the cable in my room. Have you played doom3 or the new splinter cwll yet, sc has the best graphics of all time, the gameplay is alot better than pandora tomorrow,too.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
guitarfreak141
Obsessed Freak
04/10/2005 2:18 am
I have to disagree on the graphics thing.PS2 had the 2 GTA games out for a awhile before Xbox. SO obviously the graphics would be better on X-box. Im not saying th ps2 graphics are better for sure, bnut they are as good as the xbox, IMO. But Halo2 is a sweet game even though i suck at it. Seriously, any gamer who saw me play Halo2 would just start laughing, its pathetic really.
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.

Rock stars ... is there anything they don't know?
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/10/2005 2:48 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI never really got into halo, to be honest. It just never clicked for me. I never got into Xbox as a whole really. And that's what gets me. I tell people that I don't like xbox because all the games I like are already on nintendo or playstation. Any xbox exclusive games just don't appeal to me so I don't lean towards xbox. It also always gets me that I tell them that the only reputable game xbox has that comes close to getting my attention is halo, which I don't like and it never fails, the head-up-the-ass syndrome takes effect and they say **** like "xbox has good games, like halo". And I remind them of what I just said as well as pointing out that halo's also on computer and I'm not gonna buy a console that I don't even like for one game that I don't even like when I can save money and just get it for computer if anything. Just my thoughts. I went on a tangent I know... sorry. If you like the game, then knock yourself out dude, at least you're having fun right?

I hear ya.

I have Halo and I play it, but I waited for it to come out for MacOS and I have no problem waiting for Halo 2 to do the same.

If I ever get a real itch to play it, a good friend of mine has it and I'll just camp out at his place for a while, but I'd honestly rather screw off with InDesign than Halo or Halo 2.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
04/10/2005 9:23 am
Ninja Gaiden is the only reason I got an X-Box...and it does topple the ps2 in shear power and graphics.Its simply a more powerful system,but the third party games on ps2 are what makes the X-Box take a back seat(for me anyway).

I have halo one and have beat that a couple times,but I don't have any net connection for the X-Box,so I see no point in getting part 2.Fable was one of the best looking games ive ever seen,but was far too hyped.Short and not enough to do.
Try once,fail twice...
# 6
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/10/2005 9:57 am
Halo 2 is very much about the multiplayer aspect... not the single player. They makers themselves even admitted this was the case.
I love the mulitplayer, sitting infront of my widescreen TV, headset so you can chat to your team mates, then you work together to capture flags and stuff.

The PS2 is let down by its graphics. When San Andreas came out on the PS2 I thought ok, Ill get a PS2 instead of waiting for the xbox version. When I got it home I realised how way lower the resolution and draw distance were. Its kinda unplayable in that sense when you compare it to the xbox's capabilities which allow the graphics to be way sharper and at a higher frame rate.
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
04/10/2005 10:54 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseHalo 2 is very much about the multiplayer aspect... not the single player. They makers themselves even admitted this was the case.
I love the mulitplayer, sitting infront of my widescreen TV, headset so you can chat to your team mates, then you work together to capture flags and stuff.

The PS2 is let down by its graphics. When San Andreas came out on the PS2 I thought ok, Ill get a PS2 instead of waiting for the xbox version. When I got it home I realised how way lower the resolution and draw distance were. Its kinda unplayable in that sense when you compare it to the xbox's capabilities which allow the graphics to be way sharper and at a higher frame rate.

I was just as dissapointed when i got home. Not to mention how dark the game gets that you can't drive at all. With the whole more area and stuff means poorer graphics so the game won't slow i understand, but they should have made it a little smaller and up'ed the lighting qualities.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
04/11/2005 7:53 am
Ive never had a problem with it being dark... you can change the brightness, but I also usually play with the curtains closed otherwise I see damn reflections in the screen.

Its only a matter of days before the new levels come out too, and a couple of them are massive.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.