Need New Guitar

AspenRich4214
AspenRich4214
01/20/2005 9:14 pm
If you want something for a little both, get a LTD Eclipse. It is basically a heavy metal version of a Les Paul, but you won't look dumb playing SRV on a Warlock.. lol know what i mean.
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/21/2005 2:00 pm
I would take a look at the Yamaha Aes 620...single cut away, set beck, string thru-body, H-H, killer guitar.
They also have really nice Flamed Maple tops...a really good looking guitar, with Seymour Duncan Jb in the neck...and they go for about 600USD, try it out! I say rather spend more on a guitar, if it will last you longer and enhance your enjoyment...it`s no use buying a cheaper guitar that doesnt inspire you as much as a more expensive one...You seem pretty keen on Gibsons(and rightly so, I love my Studio Lp) so why not save a few months and only then buy summin new?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
Kutzki
Kutzki
01/21/2005 7:13 pm
thats the plan
save up for a bit and now i am just wonderin the diffrence between the xplorer and the les paul playability wise
:rolleyes:
thanks again for all the advice
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 3
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
01/21/2005 10:28 pm
Ive said it before and ill say it again: Carvin...Neck-thru, 'nuff said!
# 4
rooster
rooster
01/22/2005 7:57 am
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709Ive said it before and ill say it again: Carvin...Neck-thru, 'nuff said!

OK, I know everyone's going to scream and be choked at me for saying this, but I honestly believe Gibson's to be the most overpriced instrument on the market. Not that I don't like them, I own an old Black Beauty, a Goldtop as well as a Country Gent, but they are huge money for what they are. For $2000.00 cad (and that is real entry level Gibson), you're into some pretty serious guitar's for competition. I've been gigging and teaching for over 20 years, and have owned a million guitars (it seems like), and to this day my favorite is still my G&L asat classic. Playing is my living, and I mean this guitar I will drag out to any show: country, blues, rock, metal, jazz. It doesn't matter. It always sounds great. With the range of effects these days you can make a $200.00 korean piece of crap sound great in a pinch. (I apologize to anyone who loves $200.00 Korean pieces of crap...) As long as the neck suits you, nothing else matters really. My advice to my students when they're always hitting me up to tell them what guitar to buy is pick the one that feels right in your hands. This is all a matter of personal taste, so just go and play them, and pick the one that feels the best. It's an easy decision really. To be honest, most electrics I've purchased I've never even plugged in before I bought them. You've got to enjoy playing it, and if you do it will inspire you to play more and more. That should be first and foremost. Sorry for babbling. Enjoy your new gear.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.