Have a Rant!

iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/08/2005 5:41 am
Originally Posted by: Axl_Rosehaha yea! In scotland we call the people who drive those cars, and wear kappa tracksuits and burberry caps, neds!!

The weird thing is right, 2 years ago, I started using the phrase "chav" meaning mate or pal. But said in a slang manner. And at the time I said I bet I can get everyone saying it again because it was an old phrase!

2 years later and everyone is saying it! Theres even a book out called "the rough guide to being a chav!" or something!

Im not saying I got everyone saying it again but... ok I am saying i did :)

That's it, you've singlehandedly changed the fate of the planet :rolleyes: .

And what a significant impact you've had on all our lives. How can we ever repay you for this heroic deed?

Can I get your autograph?
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/08/2005 5:55 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanCan I get your autograph?

I'm just getting his name tatooed on my naked body.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
Meta
Meta
01/08/2005 6:47 am
1 post to go eggman !!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
|/- :eek: Zeeky Boogy Doog :eek: -\|
< - (o .0) - >
# 3
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/09/2005 6:18 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraSpeaking of rants, I woke up in a generally bad mood today and posted a big rant on my online diary, you can read it here if you wish. :)

What a cheap website plug!!!

Hahah, just kidding, I read your site.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 4
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/10/2005 4:53 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraFree hosting, so it's fine for me. :p

Unless you mean as in what a cheap way for me to advertise my site, in which case, I think at the particular time it suited the thread topic. :p

I meant a cheap way to advertise, but it was only a joke. And I went there and read it. So, one more hit for you!
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
01/10/2005 6:03 am
My alcoholic brother pisses me off alot. He's 33 (10 years older than me), and drinks between 12-24 beers/day. He lives 1200 miles away in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, so I only see him about 2-3 weeks out of the year.

He'll just wake up and start pounding beers! It's hard on me because I hate seeing someone I love destroying their liver. I bet his liver is so hard you could park a buick on it. Plus once he gets drunk he's useless to do anything with because he gets (even more-so) childlike and immature. You also gotta avoid putting him in a social situation because he likes discussing inappropriate topics at length (ie abortion, satanism, etc..)

I just wish he'd stop drinking and get a hobby or something.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6
meandmyRG
meandmyRG
01/11/2005 5:31 am
Ive really really wanted to do up a jetta for a while now cause I got a good idea up n me noggin. Imagine it, a sparkley black jetta with the faces of star wars characters running along the side and written in gold on the hood is "STAR WARS Return of the jetta" with the license plate reading "OBI-WAN"
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/23/2005 12:43 am
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread and rant a bit about......

REBATES!

The Ad Wizard who came up with rebates should have his testicles stomped on by an irate Mike Tyson. It's been a long process filling up an apartment with crap considering I moved into this place with only what would fit in my little S-10 pickup.

Anyways, I've been on the biggest spending spree of my life and finally got around to mailing in about $500 worth of rebates. The bastards wanted photocopies of your UPC label and that doesn't begin to scratch the surface of it. My best buy rebate reciepts must be, cumulatively, 10 feet in length; printed on flimsy receipt paper. Not to mention the hassle of sitting down, filling out the forms, filling out the envelopes, and mailin' the little bastards off.

I get it now. I understand the purpose of rebate offers.

They've probably calculated what miniscule fraction of the population actually sits down and fills those SOB's out vs. how it makes you think you're saving money. Not to mention 6-8 weeks to get your check back! Damn! After pouring over the stephen king novel that was my rebate receipt stack, I was only eligible for about $150 out of my $500 in rebates. I threw away my boxes without thinking to cut out the barcodes and crap that they'd requested. What a hassle.

The next time your buying a piece of electronics and the sales dude starts pining on about how much you can save through rebates, do yourself a favor. Make a closed fist, and jack him in his stupid loser mouth!
My YouTube Profile
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2005 12:50 am
I shall introduce my rant as being based upon people who aren't me. When you get down to the details no one rocks as much as I. Therefore, everyone sucks and is applicable for my ranting fury. All kidding aside, I'm notorious among my friends for my ranting. You nail a good topic onto me and I am the conversation for the next hour.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/23/2005 4:08 am
Originally Posted by: LeedoggJust thought I'd resurrect this thread and rant a bit about......

REBATES!

The Ad Wizard who came up with rebates should have his testicles stomped on by an irate Mike Tyson. It's been a long process filling up an apartment with crap considering I moved into this place with only what would fit in my little S-10 pickup.

Anyways, I've been on the biggest spending spree of my life and finally got around to mailing in about $500 worth of rebates. The bastards wanted photocopies of your UPC label and that doesn't begin to scratch the surface of it. My best buy rebate reciepts must be, cumulatively, 10 feet in length; printed on flimsy receipt paper. Not to mention the hassle of sitting down, filling out the forms, filling out the envelopes, and mailin' the little bastards off.

I get it now. I understand the purpose of rebate offers.

They've probably calculated what miniscule fraction of the population actually sits down and fills those SOB's out vs. how it makes you think you're saving money. Not to mention 6-8 weeks to get your check back! Damn! After pouring over the stephen king novel that was my rebate receipt stack, I was only eligible for about $150 out of my $500 in rebates. I threw away my boxes without thinking to cut out the barcodes and crap that they'd requested. What a hassle.

The next time your buying a piece of electronics and the sales dude starts pining on about how much you can save through rebates, do yourself a favor. Make a closed fist, and jack him in his stupid loser mouth!

Ahh, rebates, otherwise known as "I HATE YOUR FRICKIN GUTS YOU STUPID COMPANIES!"

I got duped recently. Went to get some Valentine's Day gifts and was passing by the Music/Video store when I saw a movie the old lady wanted on sale for 14.99. I was like sweet, I won't have to go all the way to Wal-Mart for it. Go in, get the movie, get ready to pay $21.46. I was like, wtf, I thought it was 14.99, and he goes yeah, you get a 5 dollar rebate.

D'OH!
# 10
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/23/2005 4:29 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Ahh, rebates, otherwise known as "I HATE YOUR FRICKIN GUTS YOU STUPID COMPANIES!"

I got duped recently. Went to get some Valentine's Day gifts and was passing by the Music/Video store when I saw a movie the old lady wanted on sale for 14.99. I was like sweet, I won't have to go all the way to Wal-Mart for it. Go in, get the movie, get ready to pay $21.46. I was like, wtf, I thought it was 14.99, and he goes yeah, you get a 5 dollar rebate.

D'OH!

Such a ripoff. Case in point, I bought a new cell phone, and the price tag said $39.99. I ended up spending around 300 dollars though? Something fishy here? It's because there was a $150 rebate, and a $90 dollar rebate I wasn't eligible for. Oh well, I'm a wiser consumer now.
My YouTube Profile
# 11
Shadowborn
Shadowborn
02/23/2005 8:08 am
Thank god someone started this thread and opened the door for a good chance to "let it rip"!!!

My rant deals with a subject mentioned earlier on in the thread, which discussed the topic of "manners"............but mine hits a little closer to home, and I'm sure it's gonna piss some of ya off. But this is a golden opportunity, and there is'nt no damn way I'm gonna pass it up now.

I found this site not to long ago, and thought it would be a really cool site for all of us musicians to share info with others, and for the most part, it is exactly that.

But with each visit to the forums, I notice more and more people recieving smart-assed, arrogant replys to their questions. Now before some of you get all fired up to start typing a response, let me state that many of the people here do a damn fine job of helping others out. And they do it without ridicule and sarcasm.

And then we have those in here that seem to search out the entire forum section just to find something they can throw a smart-assed comment into. If you happen to be one of these people, then listen up!

A sense of humor is great......and needed! But if you can't say something without coming across as an arrogant asshole, then save it for a thread like this one!

For those that get the point I'm making here, keep up the good work!
For those that don't,......I'm way past giving a ****!

The thread was for voicing your rant, there's mine. :cool:
If eyes are the mirror to the soul, you will see yourself as I see you
# 12

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.