View post (Have a Rant!)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/23/2005 12:43 am
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread and rant a bit about......

REBATES!

The Ad Wizard who came up with rebates should have his testicles stomped on by an irate Mike Tyson. It's been a long process filling up an apartment with crap considering I moved into this place with only what would fit in my little S-10 pickup.

Anyways, I've been on the biggest spending spree of my life and finally got around to mailing in about $500 worth of rebates. The bastards wanted photocopies of your UPC label and that doesn't begin to scratch the surface of it. My best buy rebate reciepts must be, cumulatively, 10 feet in length; printed on flimsy receipt paper. Not to mention the hassle of sitting down, filling out the forms, filling out the envelopes, and mailin' the little bastards off.

I get it now. I understand the purpose of rebate offers.

They've probably calculated what miniscule fraction of the population actually sits down and fills those SOB's out vs. how it makes you think you're saving money. Not to mention 6-8 weeks to get your check back! Damn! After pouring over the stephen king novel that was my rebate receipt stack, I was only eligible for about $150 out of my $500 in rebates. I threw away my boxes without thinking to cut out the barcodes and crap that they'd requested. What a hassle.

The next time your buying a piece of electronics and the sales dude starts pining on about how much you can save through rebates, do yourself a favor. Make a closed fist, and jack him in his stupid loser mouth!
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile