???

atomicfroman
atomicfroman
10/13/2004 4:15 am
Well, the first is perhaps the most disturbingly interesting use of a guitar I have ever seen..

The second is just well daggum impressive! Go Hiroaki!!!
Coding my way to the next BSOD!
# 1
atomicfroman
atomicfroman
10/13/2004 4:54 am
Well, the first is perhaps the most disturbingly interesting use of a guitar I have ever seen..

The second is just well daggum impressive! Go Hiroaki!!!
Coding my way to the next BSOD!
# 2
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/13/2004 10:57 am
Definately something different. I wasn't diggin' this guys vibe though. Oh well...
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 3
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
10/13/2004 9:45 pm
HOLY **** ! :eek:
The percussive thingy is really impressive.
The second one is cool too , but we've already seen Michael Angelo do more than that !
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/14/2004 3:52 am
[font=trebuchet ms]
  • One way to identify a 'gimmick' is to ask yoursef "Would I want to own a disc that had nothing else on it?" I lost interest after about 10 seconds - been there, done that, heard most of my friends do it at one time or another. Next?!

• Now then, this is not bad! The technique is 'over the top' in more ways than one, but it sounds pretty good. And music is about sound, yes?
[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
10/15/2004 11:06 pm
The second video clip actually isn't gimmicky at all. Why? I'll let you in on a little secret (which should actually be quite obvious). That guitarist is blind. That's right, he can't see a thing. That's the only way he knows how to play is over-the-top technique....which is actually not unusual, if you're familiar with Jeff Healy (who is also blind and uses the same technique). I suppose it's more comfortable for blind people to play that way. Since they can't see a thing, I would make an educated guess that it is easier to determine your fret board positioning with that technique as opposed to traditional technique. There you have it. That's why I'd argue that there is no gimmick involved. It is his standard method of playing. Or to put it another way, he's not trying to impress you with over-the-top technique; that's normal for him. He's trying to impress you with his actual guitar playing.

Akira: That is why the player looked 'gormless' and 'moved around like he crapped himself'. You should think before you say such rude things. I might be blind. ;)
# 6
Hootayah
Hootayah
10/16/2004 2:24 pm
Well, the first one looked like Santa Clause in a snowstorm... and the second one looked like a secret message written in invisible ink..
Then I realized..hey, ASX files don't play on older Mac computers and once again muttered several expletives about Windoze users.
Hey you kids! Get outta that Jello tree!! :mad:
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.