Horizontal Country Licks
In this tutorial we'll explore some more classic country licks. Up until now we've mostly stayed with our left hand in one position at a time and moved up and down in a vertical scale pattern to improvise. At this point we're going to start venturing more and more into licks that move horizontally on the neck rather than just going up and down between the floor and the ceiling. I call this a "horizontal approach", and although it can be a little confusing at first, you'll also realize how this can open up the whole neck for you and unlock a whole new vault of super cool country licks.
- Videos / Score
- The Secret Vault of Country Licks!
- Country Lick Gear and Tone
- 6th Intervals On the A and G string
- Your First Horizontal Country Lick
- Improvising With Your New Lick
- Adapting The Lick To The G and E String
- Connecting The Patterns and Triads with The High Lick
- Connecting The Patterns and Triads with The Low Lick