- Changing Strings: Introduction
- Cleaning The Strings, Neck & Body
- Removing Electric Strings
- Putting On Electric Strings
- Stretching & Tuning Electric Strings
- Changing One Acoustic String
- Changing More Acoustic Strings
- Stretching & Tuning Acoustic Strings
- Removing Classical Nylon Strings
- Putting On Classical Nylon Strings
- Stretching & Tuning Classical Strings
- Maintenance Advice & Summary
In this lesson we'll change the rest of the strings on an acoustic guitar.
- Any Style
You need to be registered to ask our instructors a question.
Questions & Answers
- I can't manage to change them and have tried 4 strings and each of them have broke 1 month ago
Josh Workman 1 month ago
Hi Alden, Two possibilities: 1. You're accidentally tuning the strings higher than they are meant to be. If you are using an electronic tuner, make sure you are tuning to the correct octave! 2. The bridge or saddle on your guitar has somehow formed a jagged edge. If you're certain that you are tuning the strings to the correct pitches, you might want to take your guitar to the store where you bought it and have them take a look at it.