Fender squier stratocastor

Guitar Tricks Forum > Gear Reviews > Fender squier stratocastor

Tekime

Fender Squier Stratocastor
Please note, I am a beginner and this is my first electric guitar. All opinions are from this perspective.

Price: $200.00 USD

Pros:
• Affordable
• Looks/feels great

Cons:
• Still a budget guitar

Review
Great guitar for the price. Good sound and feel for a budget guitar, and still a good name so it should take a little abuse.

Summary
I've been playing with my acoustic for some time now and decided I really did need an electric guitar. With a limited budget, and not a ton of knowledge (or patience Smilie), I went to a few local shops and found something in my price range (~$200) that felt good to me.

I ended up coming home with a Squier Standard Stratocaster (Rosewood).

I'm far from an authority on guitars, but for a beginner I have to say this guitar feels great, plays well, and with insurance, case, and some accessories it ran me $300 even. Not bad for getting started.

Just thought I'd share, because I'm completely elated! For the price range, do you think this was a decent purchase for a first electric?
I suck, and I'll probably always suck, but if ever stop sucking, and start talking about how good I am all the time, I encourage you to punch me in the head.

Fender Squier Stratocastor
Please note, I am a beginner and this is my first electric guitar. All opinions are from this perspective.

Price: $200.00 USD

Pros:
• Affordable
• Looks/feels great

Cons:
• Still a budget guitar

Review
Great guitar for the price. Good sound and feel for a budget guitar, and still a good name so it should take a little abuse.

Summary
I've been playing with my acoustic for some time now and decided I really did need an electric guitar. With a limited budget, and not a ton of knowledge (or patience Smilie), I went to a few local shops and found something in my price range (~$200) that felt good to me.

I ended up coming home with a Squier Standard Stratocaster (Rosewood).

I'm far from an authority on guitars, but for a beginner I have to say this guitar feels great, plays well, and with insurance, case, and some accessories it ran me $300 even. Not bad for getting started.

Just thought I'd share, because I'm completely elated! For the price range, do you think this was a decent purchase for a first electric?
I suck, and I'll probably always suck, but if ever stop sucking, and start talking about how good I am all the time, I encourage you to punch me in the head.

Grambo

halfway to somewhere

Good Move

I've had several Electrics over the years including a Gibson les paul, but my favourite one is a cream fender Squire - it's got the best action i've ever seen/felt and I love it - because of it's low output it's ideal for digital recording

Good Move

I've had several Electrics over the years including a Gibson les paul, but my favourite one is a cream fender Squire - it's got the best action i've ever seen/felt and I love it - because of it's low output it's ideal for digital recording

deathmetal666

ok descion

Hey man thats was an ok pick but i would have gone with something a little better, i still play my Fender strat its a 76 and it has all the old fix's from neck to humbuckers, but i would go with a esp 100 or 400 series they kick ass and have a good sound when it comes to playin metal and fast **** all around

ok descion

Hey man thats was an ok pick but i would have gone with something a little better, i still play my Fender strat its a 76 and it has all the old fix's from neck to humbuckers, but i would go with a esp 100 or 400 series they kick ass and have a good sound when it comes to playin metal and fast **** all around

jakej

Great choice

As a first electric guitar you can't go wrong with a Fender. As long as it has a good set up it should be an easy playing guitar. If you feel comfortable with it thats all that counts.
There's an old saying a $1000 guitar played through a $100 amp puts out a $100 sound. But a $100 guitar played through a $1000 amp sounds like a million bucks. Don't know where that came from just something I heard many years ago back in the 60's.
I believe it's not the guitar but the musician that makes the sound. I bought my first guitar in 1967 a Teisco for $39.00. When I play it it sounds like a $39.00 guitar but I have musician friends, and when they play it its sounds like heaven. I have expensive guitars and it's the same when I play them, they sound just like my skill level.
But one thing to remember is your first Electric Guitar is like your first love, there will never be nothing like it and you will remember it for the rest of your life.
So enjoy it and play it as loud as you can, you have to feel it to enjoy it...Jakej Smilie Smilie Smilie

Great choice

As a first electric guitar you can't go wrong with a Fender. As long as it has a good set up it should be an easy playing guitar. If you feel comfortable with it thats all that counts.
There's an old saying a $1000 guitar played through a $100 amp puts out a $100 sound. But a $100 guitar played through a $1000 amp sounds like a million bucks. Don't know where that came from just something I heard many years ago back in the 60's.
I believe it's not the guitar but the musician that makes the sound. I bought my first guitar in 1967 a Teisco for $39.00. When I play it it sounds like a $39.00 guitar but I have musician friends, and when they play it its sounds like heaven. I have expensive guitars and it's the same when I play them, they sound just like my skill level.
But one thing to remember is your first Electric Guitar is like your first love, there will never be nothing like it and you will remember it for the rest of your life.
So enjoy it and play it as loud as you can, you have to feel it to enjoy it...Jakej Smilie Smilie Smilie

Bar Chord Nick

Full Access

Sounds like you did good. As far as what guitar you buy is totally a personal preference thing. Enjoy it.

Sounds like you did good. As far as what guitar you buy is totally a personal preference thing. Enjoy it.

Dr_simon

Guitar Tricks Instructor

I had a Squire Strat in the 80s and it rocked ! I'd love to have a blast on it now to see how it compares to my more recent axes !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS

I had a Squire Strat in the 80s and it rocked ! I'd love to have a blast on it now to see how it compares to my more recent axes !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS

mc9mm

Guitar Tricks Instructor

I've had my Fender Strat for 5 years now and I absolutely love it, so I was quite intrigued when my
brother showed me his first electric guitar, a $200 Squier Strat, a month ago.
I'd never really tried one out before, and I must say I really liked it!
I can't see any way to get more bang for your buck than a Squier in that price range.
In my opinion it certainly outperforms several of the more expensive "budget-guitars".
Then again I'm quite biased since I'm a Fender guy, but I think most people will agree it's a very well put together axe for that kind of money.

I've had my Fender Strat for 5 years now and I absolutely love it, so I was quite intrigued when my
brother showed me his first electric guitar, a $200 Squier Strat, a month ago.
I'd never really tried one out before, and I must say I really liked it!
I can't see any way to get more bang for your buck than a Squier in that price range.
In my opinion it certainly outperforms several of the more expensive "budget-guitars".
Then again I'm quite biased since I'm a Fender guy, but I think most people will agree it's a very well put together axe for that kind of money.

Tekime

Thanks, I enjoy all the feedback and philosophy. Wink

I'm relieved not to see any "Oh, that axe..." posts, and it certainly feels great in my hands. It's only been a day but I'm completely in love already. Big Grin

The three bands that really attract me to electric right now are System of a Down, Tool, and Deftones. I was recommended Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom nickel wound with this in mind, but I still have the original strings on there now.

I also picked up some GHS Fast Fret, which has been handy.

Thanks, I enjoy all the feedback and philosophy. Wink

I'm relieved not to see any "Oh, that axe..." posts, and it certainly feels great in my hands. It's only been a day but I'm completely in love already. Big Grin

The three bands that really attract me to electric right now are System of a Down, Tool, and Deftones. I was recommended Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom nickel wound with this in mind, but I still have the original strings on there now.

I also picked up some GHS Fast Fret, which has been handy.

PRSplaya

Full Access

It's always great when you find a guitar that seems to fit you just right. Congratulations on your purchase. One of the best guitars I've ever played was a Squire Fat Strat. Mind you, it was heavily modified, and pretty much the only things that were original on it were the body and neck, but it was still an amazing guitar.

Also, could you please go back and edit your original post to follow our Gear Reiew Guidelines, that can be found in the sticky thread at the top of this section, titled "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - THIS MEANS YOU-!!!!". Any thread not following these guidelines will be moved to the Gear Discussion forum if they are not revised correctly.

Thanks
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<

It's always great when you find a guitar that seems to fit you just right. Congratulations on your purchase. One of the best guitars I've ever played was a Squire Fat Strat. Mind you, it was heavily modified, and pretty much the only things that were original on it were the body and neck, but it was still an amazing guitar.

Also, could you please go back and edit your original post to follow our Gear Reiew Guidelines, that can be found in the sticky thread at the top of this section, titled "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING - THIS MEANS YOU-!!!!". Any thread not following these guidelines will be moved to the Gear Discussion forum if they are not revised correctly.

Thanks
Tonja Renee's personal instructor

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<

Tekime

My bad, I updated the original post accordingly.

My bad, I updated the original post accordingly.