View post (Fender Squier Stratocastor)

View thread

jakej
jakej
07/21/2006 11:11 pm
As a first electric guitar you can't go wrong with a Fender. As long as it has a good set up it should be an easy playing guitar. If you feel comfortable with it thats all that counts.
There's an old saying a $1000 guitar played through a $100 amp puts out a $100 sound. But a $100 guitar played through a $1000 amp sounds like a million bucks. Don't know where that came from just something I heard many years ago back in the 60's.
I believe it's not the guitar but the musician that makes the sound. I bought my first guitar in 1967 a Teisco for $39.00. When I play it it sounds like a $39.00 guitar but I have musician friends, and when they play it its sounds like heaven. I have expensive guitars and it's the same when I play them, they sound just like my skill level.
But one thing to remember is your first Electric Guitar is like your first love, there will never be nothing like it and you will remember it for the rest of your life.
So enjoy it and play it as loud as you can, you have to feel it to enjoy it...Jakej :) :) :)