How change affects our lives, and how we accept it...

Joseph
Joseph
06/26/2001 3:36 am
Open Discussion: Introduce yourself, meet people, talk about whatever you want.

Well, this question isnt necessarily about guitar, but in some ways it can relate your overall approach. But still, this question relates to how you handle lifes situations...

As the days progress, a lot of us tend to get comfortable with our surroundings, and where we consider change to be the worse thing that could cross our minds. A lot of us would rather just keep walking on that same narrow road with only minor adjustments. But change isn't as bad as we think it is, well sure it stinks when our girlfriend of 3 years tells us that shes no longer committed to the relationship, and of course it stinks when you're no longer able to pay the payments on your car..[i]What was I saying, because to be honest, I forgot, because change really doesn't seem that good after all.) But its a way of life, and if we can get through these rather unfortunate situations free and clear, it gives us more strength to face the future..

So the little things, are you always willing to try something new as the days go by, whether its a new language, or a new pastry, or even a new relationship/friendship ?

Thanks
-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
stratman42
stratman42
06/26/2001 7:34 pm
New friendships i do a lot, but i dont like change in our band, as i have found tha we work best when we have all known each other for a long time. we went through different singers and bassists, but now have good friends in those places and are really tight.
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 2
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/26/2001 11:04 pm
As far as my band is concerned- we like change. We like to do new things, invite guests up, etc. But as my personal life goes, I really need some change. I figure some will come this fall, when I'll probably move to Austin to work there for the winter (because my drummer will be out west at a big ski area, so I won't be able to play with my band anyway). Well, we'll see.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
Joseph
Joseph
06/27/2001 2:20 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
As far as my band is concerned- we like change. We like to do new things, invite guests up, etc. But as my personal life goes, I really need some change. I figure some will come this fall, when I'll probably move to Austin to work there for the winter (because my drummer will be out west at a big ski area, so I won't be able to play with my band anyway). Well, we'll see.

Well, when it comes to my working situation (musically) nothing has changed, I still find it hard to find the right people to work with. Some one responded to one of my adds a few months ago, and just when I thought things were going to work out, he negan asking questions, too many questions, which gave me the idea that he felt his time was limited. I'm beginning to think that I just need to find the right singer, and then everything elses will take of itself..Although I need a change in the worst way, when it comes to finding the right musicians to work with, its hard to set your standards too low, otherwise you end up wasting your time.

As for my life goes, of course we're always adding new friends to the circle, we meet new people everyday, and personally I love evaluating the many different characteristics of people, and what makes them tick. I really like meeting down to earth people, those who aren't afraid to be opinionated. As for romantic relationships go, its not that I'm setting my standards too high, but after my last failed relationship (that lasted three years), its really been hard for me to find another stepping stone. To be honest, sometimes I feel like i just want to head out and move far away, I hear San Diego is the perfect climate.) However, I have way too many responsibilities to just pick up and leave, but its a nice thought though.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.