View post (looking to start a band)

View thread

killerqueen
killerqueen
07/18/2004 11:57 pm
Originally Posted by: hairbndrckrKillerqueen I would come play bass for ya but you are a little too far across the drink for my commute... :)

Man NOBODY could possibly have as many band problems as I do. First off I don't chew enough tobacco or have a tall enough truck for some of the musicians in my area. I just can't bring myself to going country...

Also it seems there is NOONE in my age group that lives within 90 miles of me that actually plays an instrument, so I either have to do the retirement home circuit with the Near-Deads, or play pop punk with kids that were $hitting their pants and making wee wee in their drawers the last time I actually was gigging full time...

So there. I haven't been able to round up a decent bunch of musicians in about 15 years that didn't have enough baggage to choke the life out of the band before it started... so HOW long have you been looking? :)

Thank god for computer recording and drum machines. I guess I'll just have to be content with playing with myself...

i've been looking for too long to remember! many years...
i know exactly what you mean with noone your age playing an instrument... every one i know plays the clarinet...

but its not just people my age, it seems noone round here plays ANYTHING vaguely rock n roll! the only person i've ever play with is another guitarist who's about 30 years older than me. i wouldn't even mind joining up with some people from the old folks home, i just wanna get out and play!!!

good luck to you man... and for the love of god dont go country!!!! :D
Elvis Lives (in my basement)