View post (Intelligence Level of Guitar Tricks Community)

View thread

Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/28/2004 8:28 pm
I think it is very difficult to quantify intelligence per say . It is equally futile to say A is clever than B due to the fact that different people have different intellectual tools and talents. In many instances, saying that A is smarter than B is like saying that a cloud is bigger than these fish. It is however usefully to say that A is better at carrying out these sorts of tasks than B, which for all intents and purposes is what a degree is all about i.e. a degree is a standard of education and not a mark of intellect.

Standardized forms of evaluation like IQ tests are crude at best, boy do I know that. I am dyslexic and had to fight like hell just to get people to take me seriously. I wasn't diagnosed as dyslexic until half-way through a Masters degree which really didn't make my life any easier. Matter of fact a lot of rather stupid people full of degrees made my life very difficult on account of the fact that they were too dumb to grasp what I was trying to tell them !

So, I may take this space to remind you all of the limited usefulness of generilizations.... (Tee Hee)
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS