EuroTubes.com Kicks a$$!!

spanky10940
spanky10940
04/28/2004 5:41 pm
Ok, I think I've posted something before on a Fender Super Twin amp I got from a buddy of mine. I was looking to retube it and I was having a hard time because it has 6 6L6GC tubes and they needed to be matched. I checked at a few local music stores and NOBODY carried them in 6's. They could order them but it was close to $50 per pair!!!! and that would have been without the others that are in there which are:
3 12AX7's
1 12AT
1 12AU

Not only did they not know that they were in there... they were amazed at just how many tubes this monster has. The more popular amp is a Fender Super Twin Reverb but this one puts out about 180 watts at around 300 rms... yep, it's LOUD!

So the reason for the post: Not only did Bob know the amp, but he had the tubes in stock and I got ALL of them for $117 signed sealed and delivered!!! It was great dealing with him too... it's nice to be able to go right "to the man" and get what you need. Bob really knows his stuff, so if anyone needs tubes, I highly recommend dealing with www.eurotubes.com And a big thanks to PRSPLAYA on the hookup with eurotubes.

They should be at my doorstep today, I'm sending it to the ampdoctor to bias them and I'll have it back and running on Monday. I'll take a few pics and share them if anyone is interested...

thanks!!!
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/28/2004 7:26 pm
Great news Spanky! I look forward to dealing with Bob in the future. I would love to see this beast of an amp you have. I'm also curious what this amp sounds like.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
spanky10940
spanky10940
04/28/2004 8:34 pm
Thanks again PRS... I can't say enough about Bob... he really knows his stuff and is willing to take the time to talk with you about what you want out of your amp. (endorse, endorse, endorse... if I send enough people, think I'll get a free tube? :D )

yeah - I've had this thing in my basement for about 4 months now and I'm just now getting time to work on it.. it's a 1974 and it's been sitting in a garage.. little beat up but I kinda like it that way. So I'll take a few pics of it tonight, and then again with the new tubes...

As far as sound, the only thing I know about this amp is that it's louder than hell... the distortion on it isin't that great and it doesn't have any effects to speak of but I think SRV used one of these with the ibanez TS80 (don't know if that's the right model) tube screamer pedal and some other effects... If nothing else, it would just be nice to see it work again.

If I have time after it's running, I'll see if I can record some stuff so you can see how it sounds too...
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/29/2004 1:09 am
Originally Posted by: spanky10940... but this one puts out about 180 watts at around 300 rms...
WTF? :confused:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/29/2004 12:39 pm
That does sound way off. maybe you meant 180rms and 300max, which still sounds a little far fetched. Either way, I bet that thing will peal the paint off the walls when cranked
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
spanky10940
spanky10940
04/29/2004 1:27 pm
Yep - you're right... I had it backwards.. my bad!!!! but there is bad news too... as I was taking it apart last night, a couple of the capacitors inside look damaged and a board is black with mold (I think). It was sitting in a garage for quite some time. I have it at work today so buddy can look at it and tell me just how bad the damage is... THIS FREAKIN SUCKS!!!!

Lesson learned... either way, I wanna rebuild this sucker...

I have pics of it all apart, I just need time to post them.. I'll show you what it looks like...

Ralph Waldo Emerson
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.