View post (EuroTubes.com Kicks a$$!!)

View thread

spanky10940
spanky10940
04/28/2004 8:34 pm
Thanks again PRS... I can't say enough about Bob... he really knows his stuff and is willing to take the time to talk with you about what you want out of your amp. (endorse, endorse, endorse... if I send enough people, think I'll get a free tube? :D )

yeah - I've had this thing in my basement for about 4 months now and I'm just now getting time to work on it.. it's a 1974 and it's been sitting in a garage.. little beat up but I kinda like it that way. So I'll take a few pics of it tonight, and then again with the new tubes...

As far as sound, the only thing I know about this amp is that it's louder than hell... the distortion on it isin't that great and it doesn't have any effects to speak of but I think SRV used one of these with the ibanez TS80 (don't know if that's the right model) tube screamer pedal and some other effects... If nothing else, it would just be nice to see it work again.

If I have time after it's running, I'll see if I can record some stuff so you can see how it sounds too...
"The one truly great thing about this life is that noone can sincerely and truly help someone, without helping themselves"

Ralph Waldo Emerson