Stupid Folks

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/28/2004 9:25 am
Why are there so many stupid peeps? IĀ“m not talking about this forum - its more like a general rant.

Do you know that kind thats ALWAYS against something?

You make a valid arguement and that fella is against it and bitches about you beeing wrong. No matter HOW valid and correct and logical your point is - this certain fella will not agree.

IĀ“m wondering - why? I mean - i look at it like this:

I consider myself a pretty reasonable person. If i get into an arguement with someone, and i see that he is making a good point, then i accept it. I sometimes even change my mind - iĀ“m not afraid of doing so. IĀ“m not the one who gets pissed because someone who is actually right tells me that iĀ“m wrong. IĀ“m going to listen to what he has to say and think about it and i accept it.

Why are there so many peeps who simply cant do that?

This pehnomenon is very strong on the internet. IRL when you do actually have contact with someone, its not that bad. But on the net they go on about you beeing an idiot for like eternity. You simply cant convince them. Why?

This realy gets on my nerves. I know it shouldnt, since peeps who are halfway across the globe that are probably just bitching because they can and have nothing better to do should not realy be able to get my blood boiling since they are of absolutely no significant importance to me and i will probably never meet them in my life... yet it does get me started. Maybe because i hate beeing misunderstood.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
Death55
Death55
04/28/2004 9:58 am
There are so many people like that. The best thing is to ignore them. They are always people who are bored and want attention or are just some stupid 8 year old kid that doesnt understand anything.
Dont get so angry about it though. Just play along with them or just try and avoid them :)
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
04/28/2004 1:41 pm
Originally Posted by: AzraelWhy are there so many stupid peeps? IĀ“m not talking about this forum - its more like a general rant.

Do you know that kind thats ALWAYS against something?

You make a valid arguement and that fella is against it and bitches about you beeing wrong. No matter HOW valid and correct and logical your point is - this certain fella will not agree.

IĀ“m wondering - why? I mean - i look at it like this:

I consider myself a pretty reasonable person. If i get into an arguement with someone, and i see that he is making a good point, then i accept it. I sometimes even change my mind - iĀ“m not afraid of doing so. IĀ“m not the one who gets pissed because someone who is actually right tells me that iĀ“m wrong. IĀ“m going to listen to what he has to say and think about it and i accept it.

Why are there so many peeps who simply cant do that?

This pehnomenon is very strong on the internet. IRL when you do actually have contact with someone, its not that bad. But on the net they go on about you beeing an idiot for like eternity. You simply cant convince them. Why?

This realy gets on my nerves. I know it shouldnt, since peeps who are halfway across the globe that are probably just bitching because they can and have nothing better to do should not realy be able to get my blood boiling since they are of absolutely no significant importance to me and i will probably never meet them in my life... yet it does get me started. Maybe because i hate beeing misunderstood.

That is SOOOO totally not true!!! :mad: :mad:
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/28/2004 1:57 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanThat is SOOOO totally not true!!! :mad: :mad:

LOL!!!! :D

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
04/28/2004 2:29 pm
People hate to be proven wrong...People make me mad too when they argue..The people that really amke me mad are the people who talk bad about the military and theur reasonings yet have no military experience...man Azreal, now you got me all pissed now that i tihnk bout it
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/28/2004 3:01 pm
I personally can be like that. I hate being wrong with an undying passion. But I am not in denail, so that's a good thing. :cool:

# 6
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
04/28/2004 3:25 pm
Yeah, I've met some really ignorant people on the various Internet forums I'm a member of, and I can't stand it when I meet someone who just refuse to admit that they are wrong. I mean, I never claim to know something I don't know, and therefore I rarely lose those kinds of arguments. But some people seem to think they know it all, and even when people prove them wrong, they won't admit it.

Some forums are okay, with plenty of mature and intelligent forumites. But some forums are so infected with trolls and newbies that it's almost impossible to have a normal conversation. The worst forum I've been to has to be the Guitar World forum, I have not seen a forum with less moderation.
# 7
lord of chaos
lord of chaos
04/28/2004 3:48 pm
one thing always notice on the net is that guys opinions might only differ slightly but they still get their knickers in a knot like its somthin personal!
come to thing of it, it's nearly always about music too! hmmmmm.....
# 8
kingdavid
kingdavid
04/28/2004 4:01 pm
Intellectual cowards hide behind their firewalls and spew a lot of crap coz they can.
But all those who are reasonable realise there's faces behind all those fancy uernames,nd behave accordingly,in a manner that's cognisant of the fact that it's people you're talking to.
And now I'll summon the psycho analyst in me tell you this Az,if you grew up not being understood and maybe even getting hurt(physically or otherwise) on account of it,you will hate getting misunderstood.And so it riles you when folks act as they do.
# 9
Death55
Death55
04/28/2004 6:18 pm
The worst forum i've seen is the damage plan forum. All they do on there is swear at each other and say things like "i'm better than everyone here".
Every post involves people swearing at each other and saying that someone is better than someone else.
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 10
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/28/2004 7:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Death55The worst forum i've seen is the damage plan forum. All they do on there is swear at each other and say things like "i'm better than everyone here".
Every post involves people swearing at each other and saying that someone is better than someone else.

sounds like guitar.com... and guitarbattle.com.. and lost of other boards.com :p

# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/28/2004 8:15 pm
Originally Posted by: Azraelsounds like guitar.com... and guitarbattle.com.. and lost of other boards.com :p

Don't you be talking about my guitarbattle, now!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 12
basics
basics
04/29/2004 1:10 pm
Thing to realize is that a lot of these people on forums who won't accept feedback, enjoy 'flaming' others and such are all punk teens. It's in their nature to fight back without rationally thinking about what people are saying just for the simple purpose of gaining independence in both thought and opinion. It's a matter of matturity and everybody went through it. Just have to keep that in mind and not get pulled down to their (natural) level.

If they're not teenage rebels then their either not completely balanced in their lives or stupid. Either way you're above them.
# 13
Yngtchie Blacksteen
Yngtchie Blacksteen
04/29/2004 6:24 pm
Originally Posted by: basicsThing to realize is that a lot of these people on forums who won't accept feedback, enjoy 'flaming' others and such are all punk teens. It's in their nature to fight back without rationally thinking about what people are saying just for the simple purpose of gaining independence in both thought and opinion. It's a matter of matturity and everybody went through it. Just have to keep that in mind and not get pulled down to their (natural) level.

If they're not teenage rebels then their either not completely balanced in their lives or stupid. Either way you're above them.
That's why it's so fun owning them. :D
# 14
Petz
Petz
04/29/2004 8:46 pm
another thing about argumenting with people like that is that once you've proven them wrong in front of others they turn quiet and refuse talking to you anymore. i can't understand this, because if i'm proven wrong i'm glad to have learned something i didn't know. i'm always surprised about my schoolmates and their behavior as they are as old as i am but behaving like teens... (btw i'm 18 :) )
# 15
Death55
Death55
04/29/2004 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Petz i'm always surprised about my schoolmates and their behavior as they are as old as i am but behaving like teens... (btw i'm 18 :) )

Some people just never grow up :rolleyes:
I like to mess around sometimes and have a bit fun but i do hate it when people start being really immature and acting like little kids.
# 16
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
04/30/2004 12:48 am
I know not all of you guys have never had a problem admitting you were wrong. You can talk a big game here "oh I can admit I'm wrong, in fact I enjoy it" that doesn't make it necessarily true. Not trying to offend anyone really, but I just hate reading post that are really so negative. Pointing out everything that is wrong. Then I probably should not read it...

# 17
basics
basics
04/30/2004 2:41 pm
Yea, you're right. (<-- That's a fine example of succumbing to a valid point). I'm guilty of being part of probably half the threads in this forum of whose nature we're talking about. Half I can blame on being drunk, and the other half on being hungover. lol.

Logic aside, agression and fists a flying.

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum.. And I'm all out of gum." - Duke
# 18
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
04/30/2004 7:59 pm
Originally Posted by: basics Half I can blame on being drunk, and the other half on being hungover.

Well, perhaps if you sought aid for your alcoholism, this problem wouldn't exist.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 19
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/30/2004 10:32 pm
That is true, I know a few people like that. Though as far as standard ignorance goes, I direct my hatred to any dumbass that stands in the middle of the ****in road watching a car come. I drive a lot as my job requires it, and you would not believe how many people insist that the road is the hot place to be. To an extent it almost seems as though they expect me to drive on the sidewalk so they can have the road. And if that wasn't bad enough, no matter what, the driver is the one to blame if anything happens to a pedestrian, no matter how irresponsible, we should've been one step ahead. Well, get this through your thick heads you governmental pricks, it happens and people are humans, we do stupid **** by nature and that does include the drivers and pedestrians. They should be as responsible as we should. It's not always someone's fault if a kid insists on getting their ball in front of a car. It happens. I believe it's called Darwinism and in my area Darwin has been slacking off cause there's a lot of asses in the road.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.