Callin all fender/squire haters

ajb
ajb
04/23/2004 1:34 am
Am i the only one who dislikes fenders, the old ones are awesome, but i cant stand the new ones especially those squires, they have 3 bad pick ups and i just want to hit them in the face(if they had one)
# 1
Death55
Death55
04/25/2004 11:45 am
I agree with you. I hate those cheap squires. Some of the expensive ones are quite nice though. Havnt played any old ones though apart from this fender bass which was really nice. They arent really my type of guitar though since i play mainly metal :)
By virtue of their electrical properties, tubes generate a special waveform when they're saturated, which is why tube engineering has tremendous tonal advantages over solid state or DSP solutions, particularly for crunch and lead sounds. Tubes enter the saturation zone gradually or softly, which lends tube-driven tone its trademark yet totally unique character.
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/25/2004 6:16 pm
Squire = crap. Rest of fender products = much respect from me.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
Petz
Petz
04/25/2004 7:39 pm
i don't like most fender guitars... they are all looking the same, they don't have 24 frets and only a few have a floyd rose. i've only once seen one that i liked... with everything i would like... it even had 2 humbuckers.
but i got a fender amp (roc pro 1000) and that one really rocks :-) so not everything of fender sucks ;)
# 4
b_hoves
b_hoves
04/26/2004 11:15 pm
You are obviously (i'm guessing) into rock or metal to want 24 frets, floyd rose, and two humbuckers. But I think it is a common misconception among some guitarist to think that you need all these things to have a good metal guitar, especially the floyd rose, and the 24 frets, seriously think of the last time you really used the 23 and 24 frets while playing a song. What about slash, he did a lot of his work with a LP, and that has a solid tail bridge and 22 frets.
# 5
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/27/2004 5:48 am
Originally Posted by: b_hovesseriously think of the last time you really used the 23 and 24 frets while playing a song.

quite often i have to say. plus on a 24-fretter the frets 20-22 are easier to access, since the cutaway is deeper.

i also hate fenders. i dont like the way they look and i dont like the way te feel when you play them. i do like the sound of certain well produced fenders, but thats about it.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 6
b_hoves
b_hoves
04/27/2004 10:20 am
Originally Posted by: Azraelquite often i have to say.

You don't count Azrael, :mad: you got the Dragon :D
# 7
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/27/2004 10:38 am
Originally Posted by: b_hovesYou don't count Azrael, :mad:

awwwwwwwww :(

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 8
Petz
Petz
04/27/2004 3:19 pm
well... first i agree with azraels argument about 24 frets. and there are songs i played lately that were up there :) some metallica stuff for example.
about the humbuckers... well i just don't like the sound of single coils, thats all. but hey, i really like my middle single coil because i anchor on it :p
and i really like my floyd rose... i agree, that it's mostly used in the rock metal scene. but well it's just fun using it, doing dive bombs, holding your guitar up on the tremolo bar and other cool stuff. and another thing why i prefer it is that you can make the note higher and not only lower like those fender tremolos can. aaaaand you can vibrato with your right hand :-)
and... yeah of course i'm into metal and rock... but if i buy a guitar because it looks like a metal guitar i would own a bc rich ;)
# 9
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
04/27/2004 4:28 pm
Originally Posted by: Petzwell... first i agree with azraels argument about 24 frets. and there are songs i played lately that were up there :) some metallica stuff for example.
about the humbuckers... well i just don't like the sound of single coils, thats all. but hey, i really like my middle single coil because i anchor on it :p
and i really like my floyd rose... i agree, that it's mostly used in the rock metal scene. but well it's just fun using it, doing dive bombs, holding your guitar up on the tremolo bar and other cool stuff. and another thing why i prefer it is that you can make the note higher and not only lower like those fender tremolos can. aaaaand you can vibrato with your right hand :-)
and... yeah of course i'm into metal and rock... but if i buy a guitar because it looks like a metal guitar i would own a bc rich ;)

If you hold your guitar up by the tremelo bar, you are asking for major problems.

Ask Hairbndrckr, he's pulled a trem out of the guitar by doing that. It may look cool for about 20 seconds until snap crackle pop, your standing there holding the trem unit in your hand and the guitar is on the floor in peices.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 10
Petz
Petz
04/27/2004 8:00 pm
ahm... well : security locks... so it'll never fall down :)
but yes i fear that the bar can be pulled out too easy, got to screw it tight again.
and the thing i fear most are my poor strings who will surely not survive it long... g... i try to let them last as long as possible, so i don't do it often :)
# 11
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
04/28/2004 6:23 am
Originally Posted by: Petzahm... well : security locks... so it'll never fall down :)
but yes i fear that the bar can be pulled out too easy, got to screw it tight again.
and the thing i fear most are my poor strings who will surely not survive it long... g... i try to let them last as long as possible, so i don't do it often :)

I'm not talking about the bar. I'm talking about the whole unit itself.

Just watch your toes.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 12
Petz
Petz
04/28/2004 4:13 pm
oh... never heard that the whole thing could be pulled out... what guitar was it with which this happens?
but anyways, it can't fall down because of the security locks :cool:
# 13
Jake2k
Jake2k
04/28/2004 9:33 pm
IM going to get a fender standart strat (satin) in candy apple red
# 14
Broham
Broham
05/02/2004 9:03 pm
i do respect some of the high-end guitars that fender makes, but dont count me in as a fan. my main problem with stratocasters is their lack of versatility; they seem like they are only made to play classic rock.

teles, on the other hand, are a complete different story- i would love to have such a gorgeous rhythm tone, but i cant really afford one.

i guess im kind of an advocate for the guitars that dont get as much attention i.e. Epiphone, Rickenbacher, Guild because they are really great guitars and most fender guitars of the same price are far inferior.
# 15
MasterChief
MasterChief
05/03/2004 1:13 am
Originally Posted by: Brohami do respect some of the high-end guitars that fender makes, but dont count me in as a fan. my main problem with stratocasters is their lack of versatility; they seem like they are only made to play classic rock.

that's why you get a Fat Strat/HSS. The one's with the humbuckers. Those sounds really nice and are very versatile.

oh and the tele's pickups are nice. I like the covers on them.
# 16
Broham
Broham
05/04/2004 9:24 pm
well, not everythings in the humbuckers, and i still have to admit id take a LP over a strat almost any day.
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.