Need A Boost

mortalkombatman
mortalkombatman
04/16/2004 2:55 am
Does anyone know to get a volume boost on a two-channel amp without using any effect pedals? Like for a solo that needs to be a bit louder so it can be heard in a live situation? Not a gain boost...just somple volume. The regular volume is loud enough for the actual riff playing. And i'm dead set on running my guitar straight to my amp, a Crate TD-70, guitar-cable-amp.
# 1
scarecrow
scarecrow
04/19/2004 5:07 pm
easiest solution in my opinion (without wiring in new switches or anything into the amp) would be to find the volume you like for jamming, go back to your volume knob and while retaining your original settings turn up just the volume that you like for soloing. once you get this volume, keep it there and learn to control it with a volume pedal. buy a nice pedal and the control will actually be pretty good. dunlop's pedal is pretty reliable as far as having a good volume when the pedal is horizontal, and raising just enough for soloing when the pedal is fully depressed forward. if you want it permanent, just wire a signal booster or dB booster with a toggle switch or button inline with your volume knob inside the amp. hope that helps somewhat. oh, if you have a line 6, just save it to some extra channels and control it off the footboard.
# 2
mortalkombatman
mortalkombatman
05/15/2004 4:59 am
I'm looking for a footswitchable thing that maybe could plug up between the amp and the cabinet...Any suggestions?
# 3
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
05/16/2004 5:46 am
Originally Posted by: mortalkombatmanI'm looking for a footswitchable thing that maybe could plug up between the amp and the cabinet...Any suggestions?

Check out a clean boost. For example, the FullTone clean boost.

Click on the picture for the site.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 4
sambob
sambob
05/18/2004 12:48 am
Um, volume pedal maybe? :P

Turn it all the way up, find a level you like for lead playing, then just rock it back a bit.

And, it can of course also be used for various cool sounding effects.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.