Have you ever come close to getting your big break.

Joseph
Joseph
02/02/2001 4:26 am
You we all fear of never catching that big break, thinking whether or not all of our effort is really worth it.

Have you guys ever come really close into perhaps recording an album, (with healthy promotion?) A little bit before highschool ended, I had established this great band, everyone seemed very serious, (and we had this great female singer who literally blew us away every night.) We played cover songs, but mostly originals. After this great show we played one night, a friend our bass players knew someone who could have set up a meeting with a record producer. Needless to say I was very happy, but rather doubtful, because i knew that our singer just wasnt in it for the long hall, and I knew that we couldn't find anyone else in time who could fit in her shoes.) I talked with her about this sort of thing several times, but she just wasnt 100 percent sure.) Shortly after that everyone else kind of lost interest, not to mention that our drummer moved out of state. But still we were so close...

But still, years after that, I still enjoy recording at home. And I'm very optimistoic that one of these days I'll find the right people with enough patience who are willing to collaborate on the right terms...

-Pencil, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/02/2001 11:37 pm
All my band's managed to do so far is piss a few people off and chock up a few noise complaints (and recrute some people who like to help us out by coming to our shows).
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
02/09/2001 4:00 am
Ide like to have the opportunity to jam my musical perspective down someones throat heh, (figuratively speaking) well just a chance to get my music out there once again. a few years ago everything was progressing nicely, and with the blink of an eye it was all destroyed...I havent played in a steady band since highschool, and it can be really frustrating at times, constantly looking for the right people who share the same interests, or those who are at least on the same wave length as me. Personally when it comes to the structure of songs, I'm a real procrastinator, and it seems like most musicians today refuse to take the time to tie their shoe laces before their show starts. Its hard to find South Florida musicians who don't spend more time looking at their watch instead of polishing their licks...

But then again, timing is everything, I just wish they would forget to wear a watch when the practice sessions begin.

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
02/10/2001 1:48 am
I'll keep you all posted for the next year or so.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 4
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/10/2001 2:56 pm
I spent about 2 years procrastonating, finally I had enough and got my little brother to play drums, called up a friend of a friend and then I had a band. And the amazing thing is that when we're on, we have an unbelievable chemestry which can be heard here (if you care to look). It's not like we're insanely good or anything, but for some reson the 3 of us manage to work exceptionally well together. I mean, we can all tune up, look around the room, and invent a song right on the spot (or a jam rather).

Anyway, my point is, go out, take some chances, and jam with some people... see what happens.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.