View post (Have you ever come close to getting your big break.)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
02/02/2001 4:26 am
You we all fear of never catching that big break, thinking whether or not all of our effort is really worth it.

Have you guys ever come really close into perhaps recording an album, (with healthy promotion?) A little bit before highschool ended, I had established this great band, everyone seemed very serious, (and we had this great female singer who literally blew us away every night.) We played cover songs, but mostly originals. After this great show we played one night, a friend our bass players knew someone who could have set up a meeting with a record producer. Needless to say I was very happy, but rather doubtful, because i knew that our singer just wasnt in it for the long hall, and I knew that we couldn't find anyone else in time who could fit in her shoes.) I talked with her about this sort of thing several times, but she just wasnt 100 percent sure.) Shortly after that everyone else kind of lost interest, not to mention that our drummer moved out of state. But still we were so close...

But still, years after that, I still enjoy recording at home. And I'm very optimistoic that one of these days I'll find the right people with enough patience who are willing to collaborate on the right terms...

-Pencil, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."