View post (lyrics)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/30/2004 6:32 am
Originally Posted by: kingdavidThat's a ****ing gimmick.
And if someone writes lyrics like that,I can't expect them to be any more creative with their guitars.Just loud aimless noise I suppose,huh?(Some noise is aimfull,y'know).

Say what?? Are you aware there is still skill involved? To write good death lyrics it's handy to know how to describe pain and death in a variety of ways. It's just as tricky as writing lyrics to a love song, same thing basically, just different topics. Try writing death metal lyrics then we'll take them and compare them to some death metal lyricists and see which is better. As far as loud and aimless noise goes, I can call country music noise all I want, but people still find musical quality in it. There's a skill involved in everything and death metal can have some tough parts in it. That just depends on the band you pick. And to rag on the lyrics to go with the music? Well what do you want them to sing about? Dancing in the fields at a picnic? (Imagine grunting death metal voice) Oooooh, this ****in sandwhich tastes so good, my fine lass can whip one up like no other. In times like this I wish to take her into my arms and watch the sun set as we ease into sleep in each others' arms AAAAAAHHHHH" I mean, c'mon, give them a break, at least they're doing what works with it. I don't want angry peole screaming about finding their loved ones. I want to hear someone get brutally raped then eaten alive. Death metal isn't death metal without the death.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.