Guitar Store Guys.

LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/16/2001 3:01 am
Originally posted by Zeppelin
The loosers always get the best somehow..

*Thow shalt not covet thy neighbors guitars....(It sounds to much like jealousy or sour grapes, bro....)....For all you know, the kid just got diagnosed with cancer and will be dead in 6 months.....Stick to YOUR guns and keep playing :)...All good things come to...you know the rest....V :D
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
02/16/2001 3:47 am
Yeah, i agree V, despite the fact that I was the one who I think first said that it seemed like it was always the crap guitarists with all the moey, or whatever I can't remember. Anyway, I understand what you mean, for instance I always play badly when i am in a guitar store, I can never think of anything to play when I have the oppurtunity to test a guitar out, and I am always slightly embarrassed at my lack of ability whenever I come within 3km of a store. Therefore, I guess it is a bit unfair to then bag other people's skills, but you're right, it is sour grapes. I am saving for an american deluxe strat (unless someone here convinces me that I shouldn't), and it is going to take a loooong time, so it hurts whenever I see people who can afford those guitars right away. I heard a guy talking about using this acoustic that he was trying out as his "backup" guitar, and it cost $5000 australian dollars! Yes, I was very jealous, though I shouldn't be I guess, if I get good enough I will be able to buy all the guitars I want mwahahahaha.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
02/16/2001 12:06 pm
I know you can't judge a guitarist, by his playing in a shop, but you can surley recgonize a looser, when you see one and that guy surley was a looser ... so i don't feel bad cause i'm jealous
i also have a friend, who plays as long as i do, but he is the worst player that was ever born on eart, and it's not only mine opinion, and this guy is a rich bastard and he's going to buy a new gibson to himself, while the only thing i can buy is a squier, like the one i already own...

anyway i knew once a nice salesman...
i bought my squier at the shop were he works, and when he found out that i am a deep purple fan he was very nice, and jammed with me for some time... i hope he still works there, cause he's nice enough to give me some advises when i'll buy my next guitar
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/16/2001 10:32 pm
The shop that I go to the most and steer as much business to as possible rarely has any of the guitars I like. It's the atmosphere, and the people who work there that make it a good shop. I know that if I go in there I'm going to be treated like they're glad to see me and 2/3 of the people who work there have atleast been to my house for dinner. I also know that under no circumstances will they burn me on anything, be it a pick or a top of the line bass.
But most of all, I go in there and the people who work there are interested in not only how I'm doing, but my mom, my dad (who are divorced btw- they aren't picking sides), and my brother too. Ultemately, it's called service.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.