View post (Guitar Store Guys.)

View thread

Bardsley
Bardsley
02/16/2001 3:47 am
Yeah, i agree V, despite the fact that I was the one who I think first said that it seemed like it was always the crap guitarists with all the moey, or whatever I can't remember. Anyway, I understand what you mean, for instance I always play badly when i am in a guitar store, I can never think of anything to play when I have the oppurtunity to test a guitar out, and I am always slightly embarrassed at my lack of ability whenever I come within 3km of a store. Therefore, I guess it is a bit unfair to then bag other people's skills, but you're right, it is sour grapes. I am saving for an american deluxe strat (unless someone here convinces me that I shouldn't), and it is going to take a loooong time, so it hurts whenever I see people who can afford those guitars right away. I heard a guy talking about using this acoustic that he was trying out as his "backup" guitar, and it cost $5000 australian dollars! Yes, I was very jealous, though I shouldn't be I guess, if I get good enough I will be able to buy all the guitars I want mwahahahaha.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".