View post (now THATS unbelievable!)

View thread

The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/10/2004 12:20 am
I wish I could hear that stuff...... My computer is sooooo slow I can't hear the songs.....

Yes its true, most classical musicians don't compose. They chose the route of recreating other masters music. Kind of like a young Schubert (for those of you who don't know, Franz Schubert was a classical musician in this sense until he was middle aged, and got inspired by gypsy music and started to compose).

As Yngwie once said, "You've got Bach, Beethoven, Paginini.... those guys were improvising dudes.... they would just sit there and let the ideas flow.... I know a bunch of classical musicians, who if you put a piece in front of them, they can play anything. But when I say ok lets do an AM, F, G jam, they go, 'ok but what notes should I play?' And I go NO!, you know what notes go there, just use them.... but they can't do it."

Most of us, as guitarists, do both. We compose lots of stuff, and learn others stuff too. Some more than others, to each his own.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks