little wing

learninfast
learninfast
03/08/2004 5:15 pm
can anyone out there give me some tips or hints on playing the song(the hendrix version not srv)? i've been playing guitar for over three years now and have finally decided to tackle this song as its one of my favorites.
i borrowed the transcription off my friend out of his guitar world mag. so i know i have the right notes.
thanks .
# 1
Jimmi431
Jimmi431
03/08/2004 6:09 pm
try an learn the begging so you know all the notes etc. then play along with the record, i think its tuned down half a step but do it (could just be the srv version) cos i learnt this song without really listenin to it an all though it sounds good if i was to try an play it along with the record its actually completely different it seems to be weird timing when he plays it.
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 2
TheDirt
TheDirt
03/09/2004 7:21 am
Hendrix isn't exactly known for his adherence to concert pitch, lol. Many of his songs are definately in tune with themselves, but off quite a few cents compared to concert pitch... not a whole half step up or down tuned, but rather just a little off. He hits an E at the beginning, so make sure you're in perfect tune with him.
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.