Site Update

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/07/2004 10:52 pm
Hmm..... I really dont like this new version, its a bit cluttered and confusing. The icons and buttons totally detract from the actual words in the threads.
I hardly even post on here anymore. And whats more, looking at some of the sections theres been virtualy no new threads started.
Any moderator got access to stats on the sites hits and post counts after the update?
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
03/08/2004 2:14 am
I haven't been posting as much either, its kind of confusing. I have been thinking the same thing as Axl.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
basics
basics
03/08/2004 3:42 am
Yeah, I suppose if you introduced one of your own better designed forum scripts I could appreciate your opinion.

I haven't noticed any change except for the better. No increasing lack of participation either.
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
03/08/2004 3:52 am
I like it, but you guys are sort of right about all the new buttons distracting one from the words. That may not be the effect of the number of the buttons, but rather the "newness" of the format. Our eyes aren't used to this format yet, but I'm sure if one sticks with it... it'll be just as comfortable as the old format. If you guys stop posting because of the new format I'll cry... :( :p

# 4
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
03/08/2004 6:27 am
Originally posted by iiholly
I like it, but you guys are sort of right about all the new buttons distracting one from the words. That may not be the effect of the number of the buttons, but rather the "newness" of the format. Our eyes aren't used to this format yet, but I'm sure if one sticks with it... it'll be just as comfortable as the old format. If you guys stop posting because of the new format I'll cry... :( :p

I second that....except for the crying part....because I'm a man....and.......well......men don't cry.....

Except for when you watch "Steel Magnolias" *chokes up a bit*

:D
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 5
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
03/08/2004 2:08 pm
and thelma and louise.....*balls*
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 6
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
03/08/2004 2:28 pm
*kills Axl for not liking tha new board*

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 7
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/09/2004 1:26 am
Its just really sparsely laid out, and the white background contrasts poorly with light grey and green. Look at the layout of the 'reply' form, this window isnt the correct width and those text formatting buttons above are poorly arranged together. The layout wastes space and the information visible on the screen is inefficiently arranged. The posters names bellow arent even in bold!
I must admit I cant remember the exact layout before, but Im sure the font sizes and styles or the headings and bodies of text are now different.
A good test, in art, and designing sites etc, is to unfocus your eyes, and the vague image you see is basically lots of blue buttons against a white background. With the old version you could clearly see the poster and there post, and it was quick and easy to follow.
Cant we try the old one again? for a trial period? Personally I dont post or reply much on here anymore, and hey losing one member aint a big deal, but how many other people are justing using other forums? Back me up telemaster!
Kriss (my real name!)
# 8
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
03/09/2004 5:09 am
According to what Jon has said previously, this is [U]not[/U] the final vB version we're gonna have - it's just something to have in the meantime, work out some bugs with, etc.

So, don't get used to it, I guess! But enjoy it, as I am!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.