Reflections

basics
basics
03/03/2004 2:03 am
Oh bah!!! I mean no offense when I declare God and religion to be an adult version of the tooth fairy. Human nature is slowly maturing - think back to the middle ages when the masses were actually controlled by religion, it was the modern day police and the human race hadn't hit puberty. Now as we, the human race, reach our 20s and 30s, metaphorically, we look to science and eventually some time down the road we'll realize as a whole that it's pointless to even look for meaning. Just being is enough and eventually will be for us and then we'll be a mature race like the goddamn whales.

I just made that up but it seems to make sense.
# 1
b_hoves
b_hoves
03/03/2004 2:19 am
I believe that there is evidence to support both arguments, God and other creation theories (I do not specify the other creation theories as the ā€˜big bangā€™ because there are many other theories, and a lot of scientists are beginning to questioning the ā€˜big bangā€™ theory), I believe in god, however I also believe, in part, the theory of evolution in creating what we are and how we became to be. For example I believe that god created humans, but these humans were different to what we are now, think about it, the bibles says that some people in the time of the bible lived to be over 800 years old, and also the oldest person ever to live was Noahā€™s Grandfather who died in the great flood. If we were created from pure evolution and were originally in the form of bacteria then why donā€™t we reproduce asexually? Would not the evolution process have been quick and more effective? Would not the race that can reproduce the quickest be the strongest race?

There is also talk of giants, dinosaurā€™s and even dragons in the bible, in revelations there is a fairly accurate description of a helicopter in the end days (it says that there will be giant metal locust, which breaths fire and has wings that sound like a thousand running horses).

But the thing that gets me it says that the world was created in seven days, how were these days measured? Was it a day in earthā€™s time, a day in mars time or does God have its own measure for a day? Are we living still in the seventh day, Gods day of rest?

Just a few things I had to get off my chest. :D
# 2
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/03/2004 2:21 am
Most of us choose God because it just seems more "right" to do. We grew up that way, and now people are starting to question that. We still don't know about all this stuff. The universe was formed 15 billion years ago, and is expanding everyday. We can look out the edge, and that shows us what it was 15 BYA (Neat trick - number of lightyears away you look = number of billiobs of years ago it was). We have no way of knowing this stuff, as of now. I've just learned not to care anymore.
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/03/2004 2:22 am
Hey Dirt dude, don't think Im having a go but you seem to have missed the point I was tying to make.

I also don't think you can have any evidence of creationism because proof denies faith and with out faith there can be no God.
QED

There is however a very substantial amount of evidence for the big bang theory. Cf S. Hawkin
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
03/03/2004 2:34 am
Originally posted by b_hoves
..in revelations there is a fairly accurate description of a helicopter in the end days (it says that there will be giant metal locust, which breaths fire and has wings that sound like a thousand running horses).

Yeah, I remember when my twin bro first saw that in like 4th grade. He thought it was pretty cool.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5
basics
basics
03/03/2004 4:50 am
So we're questioning religion, existence and all that fun stuff. Let me tell you man, to each his own, whatever makes him (T-Rex sang Get it On? jesus) comfortable or secure. If you need something to believe in, religion is definitely key and I've known a lot of people who have told me if it weren't for religion and their beliefs they'd be dead. I respect that and what religion does for people, a higher being and all that. Let me tell you, we're lucky we're humans because we could have well been trees and just as alive as we are now, except without the intelligence. I'm not going to thank God or any of that bull**** because it was ... life. If I were a tree I'd imagine I'd be a lot happier because I wouldn't have to worry about so much stuff. I wish I were a tree. Or a house cat.

Lots of people die for their religion every day and it just goes to show how backwards the human race is still. I mean, when the **** are people going to wake up and realize that there's nothing man, it's propaganda in its purest form and if people would just think instead of getting carried away in the laziness of not putting yourself to blame for your actions the world would be a lot safer and .... unhappy.
# 6
TheWizard
TheWizard
03/03/2004 10:45 pm
I'm happy not believing in anything, and if I do believe in a higher power, it's definatly not the thing described in the bible because he was dick

and if some being is the cause for all the matter in the universe to be created, does that require us to worship it? do we have to pray to it and preach it? NO

In my opinion most people who believe in god only do it because they are scared of their fate, they don't know what happens when we die, so they figure "well if there is a heaven and hell, I might as well believe in god so I can go to heaven, and even if there isn't better be safe than sorry"

all I know is that I don't waste my time worrying about what happens when I die because I have very little time to waste in this reality
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.