View post (Reflections)

View thread

b_hoves
b_hoves
03/03/2004 2:19 am
I believe that there is evidence to support both arguments, God and other creation theories (I do not specify the other creation theories as the ‘big bang’ because there are many other theories, and a lot of scientists are beginning to questioning the ‘big bang’ theory), I believe in god, however I also believe, in part, the theory of evolution in creating what we are and how we became to be. For example I believe that god created humans, but these humans were different to what we are now, think about it, the bibles says that some people in the time of the bible lived to be over 800 years old, and also the oldest person ever to live was Noah’s Grandfather who died in the great flood. If we were created from pure evolution and were originally in the form of bacteria then why don’t we reproduce asexually? Would not the evolution process have been quick and more effective? Would not the race that can reproduce the quickest be the strongest race?

There is also talk of giants, dinosaur’s and even dragons in the bible, in revelations there is a fairly accurate description of a helicopter in the end days (it says that there will be giant metal locust, which breaths fire and has wings that sound like a thousand running horses).

But the thing that gets me it says that the world was created in seven days, how were these days measured? Was it a day in earth’s time, a day in mars time or does God have its own measure for a day? Are we living still in the seventh day, Gods day of rest?

Just a few things I had to get off my chest. :D