View post (What album changed your life?)

View thread

the fool
the fool
02/26/2004 4:23 am
The Beatles- I love all their songs and it was their songs that made me play the guitar.

Jimmi Hendrix at Woodstock- The star spangled banner. I used to like only clean 60's rock and roll music and i'll have none of that noisy heavy metal stuff until I heard Jimmi Hendrix's rendition of America's National Anthem. From that they forth, noise became music to my ears and my life was never the same again.

Queen's a Night at the Opera- Bohemian Rhapsody. If the Beatles inspired me to first play the guitar, Brian May inspired me to continue playing the guitar and begin to be an individual by seeking my own style and tone. I also like the song Dreamer's Ball. I forgot which album it was on- it's a jazzy number using a 12 bar blues progression- Brian May's guitar harmony/ orchestration is just amazing on this song! ah-- the good ol' fashioned bending! he sounds like a whole brass section of the early jazz bands.

"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"