Fuzz

basics
basics
02/22/2004 6:42 am
Hey, so I'm listening to a lot of amateur bands recently as I'm finally getting my own band going again after half a decade of sitting about practicing and I notice a common trend. A lot of them had 2 guitarists (or even just one) and the distortion was such that you can't distinguish what in the good dark lord's name they're playing. It's like a low fuzzy fuzzy sound that blurs the entire sound of the band into being a total messy swirl of nothingness. The pedal I've got now is a ... Boss Metal Zone (MT-2) that I stole and I suspect it's going to have the same effect of undistinguishable junk noise as I've heard from these other bands. I'm going to be the only guitarist and we're going to be playing some tight guitar/bass unison complicated riffs and to have that messy distortion is going to be death. Anybody know of a decent crisp but yet dirty fuzz box that matches what I'm looking for? I could go try out a bunch at the shop tomorrow but I can't sleep tonight and figured this'll make a decent subject.
# 1
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
02/22/2004 6:53 am
Do a search, I've seen like a dozen topics asking about the same thing as this and there's way more info in them than I can remember.

I've heard probably the most good things about the blues driver (boss, I think), but I've never used one so don't take my word for it. It might not suit heavier styles of music, but it will probably be worlds clearer than a metal zone.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 2
kronborg
kronborg
02/22/2004 11:17 am
Originally posted by basics
The pedal I've got now is a ... Boss Metal Zone (MT-2) that I stole

Ehm........
I felt like putting a bullet between the eyes of every panda that didn't want to screw to save it's species..
# 3
basics
basics
02/22/2004 12:07 pm
Let me clear up my good name. I didn't steal it, it was left behind at a festival that I hosted. Same with my amp, most of my patch chords, my tuner etc... lol.

...thanks Hammurabi
# 4
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/23/2004 12:51 am
You didn't be an honorable musician and maybe put an add saying someone lost there stuff?
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 5
basics
basics
02/23/2004 3:07 pm
Alright. I knew whos amp it was, called him up and he said it wasn't worth the trip back for it, why don't you keep it. I guess I could put a goddamn ad in the paper for a lost pedal, tuner and patch chords but then I'd get every two-bit musician calling me up demanding their crap back. The stuff wasn't from any one particular musician. ...Defending my goddamn honorability on a goddamn chat forum.
# 6
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/23/2004 3:09 pm
thats interresting.. maybe i should start hosting live events! :D

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.