View post (Fuzz)

View thread

basics
basics
02/22/2004 6:42 am
Hey, so I'm listening to a lot of amateur bands recently as I'm finally getting my own band going again after half a decade of sitting about practicing and I notice a common trend. A lot of them had 2 guitarists (or even just one) and the distortion was such that you can't distinguish what in the good dark lord's name they're playing. It's like a low fuzzy fuzzy sound that blurs the entire sound of the band into being a total messy swirl of nothingness. The pedal I've got now is a ... Boss Metal Zone (MT-2) that I stole and I suspect it's going to have the same effect of undistinguishable junk noise as I've heard from these other bands. I'm going to be the only guitarist and we're going to be playing some tight guitar/bass unison complicated riffs and to have that messy distortion is going to be death. Anybody know of a decent crisp but yet dirty fuzz box that matches what I'm looking for? I could go try out a bunch at the shop tomorrow but I can't sleep tonight and figured this'll make a decent subject.